SportsWrath

Ezekiel Ansah

Allstarjim

I've read a lot of buzz about this kid and a lot of posters here and at the other site seem to be really pulling for the Giants to take him at 19. So I decided to look him up, do my usual research on a player that might be a Giants' draft target. He's 6'6" and 270, and he's from Ghana, who never played football until his Sophomore year of college. But there isn't a lot of good comparisons after that. Here's a game against what should be lesser competition.

From what I can see, smaller tackles are over powering or at least neutralizing him. He's not shedding blocks, he doesn't appear to be laterally quick or exceptionally explosive, and he doesn't seem to play with much strength at all. And the production isn't there. He's had more time in the college game than JPP had, especially with major college football coaching. Jason Pierre-Paul cut his teeth at the College of the Canyons and Fort Scott Community College, but he put up DOMINATING numbers in those places, before transferring for his junior season at USF, where he dominated again, against better competition than what Ansah has had to face.

Ansah does not show up on film, and does not have the production. He has 4.5 sacks in 3 seasons. For a supposed first round talent, he should be dominating SDSU offensive linemen.

The body type seems to be like JPP, but that's pretty much it... he's no JPP. And some team is going to pay a big price thinking he is, and they are going to be disappointed.

He is fast, though, for a big man, VERY fast.

You might take a shot on Ansah in the 3rd round because he's a project but has some physical tools, and a great NFL body. I don't see how you burn a 1st rounder on him.

Now, take a guy like Sam Montgomery with LSU. You can see in the first couple of plays the explosion and power he has off the ball giving blockers on the best offensive line in the country a lot of trouble. And Montgomery had 8 sacks this year, in the best football conference in the nation, and he's big enough at 6'5", 260, and more than that, he plays bigger, and probably can put on another 10 or more pounds with NFL weight training and conditioning. Kiper has Montgomery mocked to us, and from what I see, sign me up.

I originally was sold on Ansah has well, until I watched more. I am not high on him either. I watched that bowl game, the guy on the other side, Van Noy impressed me more. That's when I took another look at Ansah, This is against Utah St. He gets fucking manhandled, by Utah State's Oline, imagine NFL Oline what they are going to do. He seems lost in space too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O4NawUsjtc

I originally was sold on Ansah has well, until I watched more. I am not high on him either. I watched that bowl game, the guy on the other side, Van Noy impressed me more. That's when I took another look at Ansah, This is against Utah St. He gets fucking manhandled, by Utah State's Oline, imagine NFL Oline what they are going to do. He seems lost in space too

I'm glad you and I are in agreement on this one. I'm fairly certain Reese isn't going to draft him when the tape is so bad.

I like Montgomery, Another DE I have seen mocked to us is Dion Jordan from Oregon, that's another one from me. He has size(6'7) and speed(4.55). The production is not there, but Oregon dropped him to coverage, he didn't always get a opportunity to rush the QB. He could add bulk for the NFL(243) He creates to's and is able to play the edge well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JATMzVLBA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgoAMHO25PQ

If this dude has an impressive combine you almost have to take him at 19.

He's just too talented and is the exact type of body Reese and Co cum over.

Haven't looked to deep into draft yet though.

I like some of the OTs an OGs as well.

Ogletree is an interesting prospect as well at 19.

Jonathan Banks? One can dream.

If this dude has an impressive combine you almost have to take him at 19.

He's just too talented and is the exact type of body Reese and Co cum over.

Haven't looked to deep into draft yet though.

I like some of the OTs an OGs as well.

Ogletree is an interesting prospect as well at 19.

Jonathan Banks? One can dream.

this is true, we don't go after the polished guys like Montgomery, we go for the raw, high ceiling types. Jordan I see blowing up the combine has well, his athleticism is off the charts and ceiling is limitless. My top three I have now are Jordan,Banks and Ogletree.

this is true, we don't go after the polished guys like Montgomery, we go for the raw, high ceiling types. Jordan I see blowing up the combine has well, his athleticism is off the charts and ceiling is limitless. My top three I have now are Jordan,Banks and Ogletree.

Yea pretty much and I'd love any of those 3 picks. Jordan at first glance is like a Michael Johnson type prospect and that's pretty legit. Banks or Ogletree I'd be thrilled with too.

However I am warming up to that OT Lance Johnson? Is that his name? Big athletic white guy OT. He looks pretty good.

Yea pretty much and I'd love any of those 3 picks. Jordan at first glance is like a Michael Johnson type prospect and that's pretty legit. Banks or Ogletree I'd be thrilled with too.

However I am warming up to that OT Lance Johnson? Is that his name? Big athletic white guy OT. He looks pretty good.

Lane Johnson from OU, he's 6'7 yeah he would be a nice pick, I think we can get him in the second. I would like an RT in free agency, while we groom a future starter. Sign Gosder Cherilus or Bushrod, think Andre Smith will head back to Cinncy. Another OT I would like to see us draft is Brennan Williams from UNC, he's 6'7 315 with the frame to get bigger, he was first round talent, before losing his season to a torn labrum.

Lane Johnson from OU, he's 6'7 yeah he would be a nice pick, I think we can get him in the second. I would like an RT in free agency, while we groom a future starter. Sign Gosder Cherilus or Bushrod, think Andre Smith will head back to Cinncy. Another OT I would like to see us draft is Brennan Williams from UNC, he's 6'7 315 with the frame to get bigger, he was first round talent, before losing his season to a torn labrum.

No. He's going in the first round.

It will be interesting to see how he does in the game. I love the hype articles like these with phrases like, "since Ansah started wreaking havoc on opponents since fall." Really? 9 out of 13 games he didn't record a sack, or even a half sack. That's "havoc"? He did have 60 tackles in his 13 games, but come on... he played teams like Weber State, Idaho, San Jose State... And did not dominate against these teams. A first rounder who is 6'6" and 270 has to dominate against competition like that. A lot of people just look at the size and say, "I want him, he has the measureables of JPP." But some dudes are just big and uncoordinated. Just because you're big doesn't mean you're athletic. He might be a player, but there are better players out there.

It will be interesting to see how he does in the game. I love the hype articles like these with phrases like, "since Ansah started wreaking havoc on opponents since fall." Really? 9 out of 13 games he didn't record a sack, or even a half sack. That's "havoc"? He did have 60 tackles in his 13 games, but come on... he played teams like Weber State, Idaho, San Jose State... And did not dominate against these teams. A first rounder who is 6'6" and 270 has to dominate against competition like that. A lot of people just look at the size and say, "I want him, he has the measureables of JPP." But some dudes are just big and uncoordinated. Just because you're big doesn't mean you're athletic. He might be a player, but there are better players out there.

to be fair, He was put out of position alot of times, BYU used him at DT and he dropped out into coverage. Also, the guy you like Montgomery had zero sacks against Idaho, North Texas and Towson.

to be fair, He was put out of position alot of times, BYU used him at DT and he dropped out into coverage. Also, the guy you like Montgomery had zero sacks against Idaho, North Texas and Towson.

It would be interesting to see how many snaps he played against those schools. I supposed same could be said for Ansah against the schools I mentioned. Pretty sure though that Montgomery would be one of the first players pulled.