SportsWrath

Great moments in Giants history.....1981 Season

JMFP

I remember this game like it was yesterday.

I was a kid at the time, and me and my Dad used to watch the games every week.....that was my first year watching the Giants go to the playoffs, so it was huge.

1981 was the end of the dark ages for the Giants.

Think about it.....18 years between playoff appearances.....that's why there were so many Cowboys, Steelers, Dolphins, and Raider fans from NJ back then. I remember going to school with those schmucks....it wasn't easy.

To me, this was the best season next to the 4 Super Bowl seasons.

Holy Crap! I must've had a stroke during that game because I can't remember it at all.

He had to have been into the mob for big bucks. He missed those on purpose.

I know....that game had everyone.....agony and ecstasy..... it sounded like someone was torturing my dad that day.

Miss #2....Regulation

Keep in mind he missed one, and then missed again......but because of the off-sides, he gets a do over 5 yards closer in....,

I remember my old man was cursing a blue streak....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk8EOccMNPg

My Old Man hated the Giants...but hated the Broke Backs more...he laughed his ass silly at Million Dollar Nose's misses then when he hit one he laughed till he cried... :D

Miss #2....Regulation

Keep in mind he missed one, and then missed again......but because of the off-sides, he gets a do over 5 yards closer in....,

I remember my old man was cursing a blue streak....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk8EOccMNPg

Roy Simmons...The Sugar Bear... #69 (Jeez you can't make this shit up... :D )Giants O-Lineman...later came out as G-A-Y...well with a nickname like Sugar Bear...I would expect it... ;)

I was there. In fairness to Joe D, it was a windy, freezing fucking cold day. I remember Byron Hunt stepping in front of Butch Johnson and intercepting at the Dallas 30, setting up the (finaly!) winning FG.