SportsWrath

Can anyone say 3-4?

Storm

Guest Nutty Sack
that's where were going with this pick.

We better because if you haven't noticed, we have no DT's !!! I'm going to make myself a 10 ounce Manhattan straight up !!

Guest Carbo
We better because if you haven't noticed, we have no DT's !!! I'm going to make myself a 10 ounce Manhattan straight up !!
I'm already one up on ya, pal!

We don't have a nose tackle and a 3-4 defense would cripple one of the best players on our defense(Strahan)...What he does best is rush the passer...he would be a none factor in a 3-4

Lets all watch as Chad Jackson becomes the next Anquan Boldin...Jimmy Williams get 4 picks his rookie season......and Kiwi plays in a grand total of three games

just a bad pick all around

LOLOL, yah.

I didnt realize Molasses was so slow, either. Poor fit for 3-4.

In Kiwi's defense, he is anything but slow...speed wouldn't stop him from being able to move to OLB....but i'm not so sure he has the agility and quickness to play OLB.......ea shit the bed....

Actually, it's the opposite. The Giants have invested heavily in four guys, all of whom are best used as 4-3 DEs...

while i realize that, it's hard to not believe that's what we are going for with one starting caliber DT...call it sarcasm and being genuinely pissed at the first pick...

In Kiwi's defense, he is anything but slow...speed wouldn't stop him from being able to move to OLB....but i'm not so sure he has the agility and quickness to play OLB.......ea shit the bed....

he runs a 4.78...there's dudes that were drafted today that play DE that run in the high 4.3s and 4.4s

I can't believe how much this thread makes no sense, first off we don't have two ILB with starting experience let alone with depth. Arguably the best defensive end tandem in the league, switching to a 3-4 would negate most of their talent.

I can't believe some people are so stupid.

he runs a 4.78...there's dudes that were drafted today that play DE that run in the high 4.3s and 4.4s

40 time is an accurate measure of speed? Come on, Storm ... you know better than that. Terrell Suggs and Antonio Pierce each ran in the 4.8s. Anquan Boldin was a 4.7 guy, and so was Emmitt Smith.

There is 0% the team is moving to a 3-4. Their commitment to 4 DEs strongly suggests otherwise.

According to SI.com, Suggs ran a 4.61

Terrell Sugs Bio from 2003 Draft

My question is, what happens to Justin Tuck? I assumed (along with many Giants fan) that he would be the heir apparent to Michael Strahan.

Lots of DE depth I guess...they'll get a lot of competition to replace someone as great as Strahan, for some one like him it's only appropriate.

I HAVE BEEN SAYIN WE'RE GOIN TO A 3-4 FOR THE PAST FUCKIN MONTH

And no one believed me :brooding:

Don't you people realize that you need more than 2 DT's on the roster to play aa 4-3. God open your eyes everyone.

We don't have like 8 quality lb's for no reason!