SportsWrath

My Mock (NYG)

uconngiants

1. Gabe Watson DT Michigan - Very good run stuffer when working hard, a bit of a reach at 25 but can make it payoff big time if he gets his head on straight and tries his best

2. Thomas Howard OLB UTEP - At once thought to be a first round pick but has slid down to late second with the emgerance of all the OLB's very athletic but not the biggest sort of like Michael Bolware of the Seahwaks playing Saftey but he will play OLB just needs to put on some more weight

3. Dee Webb CB Florida - A little undersized (5'11" 183) but very athletic, hard worker, and physcial.

4. Greg Jennings WR Western Michigan - Smaller at 5'11" 197 but very fast (4.48) can go across the middle and catch all the ball's on quick slants something that will help Eli out a lot.

5. Montavious Stanley DT Louisville - Big, weighing in around 315 started 3 years and a good run stuffer

7. Aaron Harris ILB Texas - Very Productive in the 2 years he played a Texas, Big hitter who is atletic but also undersized (6'0" 235)

What do you think???

I realize our LB core was shot to shit last year, but after getting Short and Arrington, I don't see a need to draft two of them. One backup quality LB who can play all 3 positions would be perfect and that's really it. I'm happy with Torbor, Emmons, Pierce, Blackburn, Arrington, Short, and the draft pick.

Regarding DT, I wouldn't mind getting two of them. Although, I'd put off the second one until the 7th. I like taking one with the first, but I'm concerned about the value that will be there at the position. We might be better off going DT in the 2nd.

I like CB in the 3rd and WR in the 4th.

We have to find an OT soon (to replace LP), and this year's draft wouldn't be a bad place to start looking.

I realize our LB core was shot to shit last year, but after getting Short and Arrington, I don't see a need to draft two of them. One backup quality LB who can play all 3 positions would be perfect and that's really it. I'm happy with Torbor, Emmons, Pierce, Blackburn, Arrington, Short, and the draft pick.

Regarding DT, I wouldn't mind getting two of them. Although, I'd put off the second one until the 7th. I like taking one with the first, but I'm concerned about the value that will be there at the position. We might be better off going DT in the 2nd.

I like CB in the 3rd and WR in the 4th.

We have to find an OT soon (to replace LP), and this year's draft wouldn't be a bad place to start looking.

Concering the 7th round pick I just think that Aaron Harris has a chance to be a starter in the NFL and thought he would be a steal there First round i kept going back and forth between Carpenter and Watson but I had problems taking a DT where we are positioned in the 2nd Watson will be gone Wroten will be gone and if not he is more of a pass rushing then run stoping and it would be a reach for guys like Lewis (also pressure guy) McCargo (a little of both) and Rod Wright has ??? (not that watson doesnt) around him but he was considered but I would rather have Watson and Howard then Carpenter and Wright

I don't see the point in taking another mid level WR prospect.

Don't we have enough of them already with Taylor, Carter, and Tyree?

We eventually will need a replacement for Toomer if not an immediate slot receiver.

That said, we have more pressing needs at DT, CB, and argubaly OT and LB.

I say if we must take a WR, choose one early or wait until the deeper draft next year.

We need to stay away from Howard. He has zero football smarts or instincts and relies ONLY on his athletic ability....draft football players, not athletes

Stanley, IMO, won't last that long

and taking an ILB is pointless....he won't even make the team

Edited by shockjock