SportsWrath

Jags out for game 3

TheMessiah

BY STEVE ZIPAY

Newsday Staff Writer

April 25, 2006, 1:55 PM EDT

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Dealing the Rangers another blow before they can even return to the Madison Square Garden ice, Jaromir Jagr said today he will be unable to play in Wednesday's Game 3.

Standing on a stationary bike in a t-shirt and shorts, Jagr told reporters the upper body injury that he suffered late in the third period of Game 1 will keep him out of action tomorrow. The Rangers are trying to dig their way out of a 0-2 series hole after losing Game 2 in New Jersey yesterday, 4-2.

Jagr missed the game with an injury believed to be a dislocated left shoulder. Rookie goaltender Henrik Lundqvist also sat on the bench, a coach's decision, in favor of backup Kevin Weekes. Indications at today's Rangers practice are that Lundqvist will return to the net in Game 3.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/range...ports-headlines

We didn't look that bad without him game 2, special teams once again and Martin Brodeur killed us John Madden also hel(l)ped. Keep the faith we are in the Garden Lundqvist will start we will win game 3 and 4 and soon it will be tied 2-2 but take one period at a time.

We didn't look that bad without him game 2, special teams once again and Martin Brodeur killed us John Madden also hel(l)ped. Keep the faith we are in the Garden Lundqvist will start we will win game 3 and 4 and soon it will be tied 2-2 but take one period at a time.

Whats the series a 5 or 7 game series?

BY STEVE ZIPAY

Newsday Staff Writer

April 25, 2006, 1:55 PM EDT

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Dealing the Rangers another blow before they can even return to the Madison Square Garden ice, Jaromir Jagr said today he will be unable to play in Wednesday's Game 3.

Standing on a stationary bike in a t-shirt and shorts, Jagr told reporters the upper body injury that he suffered late in the third period of Game 1 will keep him out of action tomorrow. The Rangers are trying to dig their way out of a 0-2 series hole after losing Game 2 in New Jersey yesterday, 4-2.

Jagr missed the game with an injury believed to be a dislocated left shoulder. Rookie goaltender Henrik Lundqvist also sat on the bench, a coach's decision, in favor of backup Kevin Weekes. Indications at today's Rangers practice are that Lundqvist will return to the net in Game 3.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/range...ports-headlines

Um not to pour salt on the wounds, but the final score was 4-1 Devils. You'd

think a Newsday staff writer would've known that. :confused: Also, I hate to

say it, but Jagr sustained the injury trying to throw a cheap shot at Gomez at

the end of the game. I thought he was a classier player than that.

It is more than that, it was a stupid shot but Peter Forsberg does it all the time, he was taking one for the team he was sending a message too the team that even though we are losing 6-1 I will be on the ice when I don't have too be and be physical too let the Rangers what it is all about. Jagr isn't playing I don't think, he said it; I hope he does but the Rangers hopefully will win tommrow and make it a series.

DFNG, not to split hairs but if you want to point out cheap shots just look in your sig.