SportsWrath

My New Mock

parlintm

Now that we've got Lavar, we don't need to draft a LB in the first round which actually gives us a ton of flexibility. Id actually like to see us trade down and capitalize on the depth of this draft and pick up an extra third rounder but for this mock I'm going ot have us stay put. Im also going to be using nfldrafcountdown's latest mock and pick from the players left on the board at 25.

Round 1: Deangelo Williams RB - I know a lot of you think that Eric Winston is the pick here but I'm not completely sold on him. I dont necessarily think that he's going to be a successful LT in the NFL given his injury history and size. So if Deangelo falls to us he's my choice. This guy has been nothing but great in college and I think is one of the top 10 most talented players in the draft. DW gives us a legit backup if Tiki goes down and will be more than ready to replace him when he chooses to end his HOF career. This is Tiki's replacement IMO. A guy who will be a succssful full time RB. Also, there is no better mentor for him than Barber. Tiki will show him how to work hard, read defenses, etc. This is the ultimate BPA pick and I would love to land Deangelo on draft day.

Round 2: Jon Alston LB - Our LB corps are phenomenal right now but some of they're not exactly immune to injury. Alston is one of the most athletic players in the entire draft and would be a great backup to Lavar.

Round 3: Dusty Dvoaracek DT - Here we get a smart, hardworking DT that we need to occupy blockers so that our LB's can make plays all day long. He's exactly what we need in the middle to compliment WJ and I think he can be a starter from day 1. This guy's got everything I would want in a DT and would be an ideal pick here.

Round 4: Devin Aromashadu WR - A very fast, big receiver who excels at going deep. Is probably a year or two away from being a big threat but he adds another body to compete for the third WR spot. He's got the size and speed you look for in a WR prospect.

Round 5: Seppo Evwaraye OT - A huge, talented offensive lineman. He's got the size and speed you look for. From Finland and only started playing football in 1999 so hes very raw. I think that LP is our LT for the next 2 years, regardless of who we draft and maybe 2 years from now, Seppo has refined his technique and can replace LP. He's committed to getting better and is worth the late round pick.

Round 7: Shawn Ellis FB - Big guy who likes to hit. Played defense before FB so he can be a big contributor on special teams. Oldschool fullback.

Now that we've got Lavar, we don't need to draft a LB in the first round which actually gives us a ton of flexibility. Id actually like to see us trade down and capitalize on the depth of this draft and pick up an extra third rounder but for this mock I'm going ot have us stay put. Im also going to be using nfldrafcountdown's latest mock and pick from the players left on the board at 25.

Round 1: Deangelo Williams RB - I know a lot of you think that Eric Winston is the pick here but I'm not completely sold on him. I dont necessarily think that he's going to be a successful LT in the NFL given his injury history and size. So if Deangelo falls to us he's my choice. This guy has been nothing but great in college and I think is one of the top 10 most talented players in the draft. DW gives us a legit backup if Tiki goes down and will be more than ready to replace him when he chooses to end his HOF career. This is Tiki's replacement IMO. A guy who will be a succssful full time RB. Also, there is no better mentor for him than Barber. Tiki will show him how to work hard, read defenses, etc. This is the ultimate BPA pick and I would love to land Deangelo on draft day.

Round 2: Jon Alston LB - Our LB corps are phenomenal right now but some of they're not exactly immune to injury. Alston is one of the most athletic players in the entire draft and would be a great backup to Lavar.

Round 3: Dusty Dvoaracek DT - Here we get a smart, hardworking DT that we need to occupy blockers so that our LB's can make plays all day long. He's exactly what we need in the middle to compliment WJ and I think he can be a starter from day 1. This guy's got everything I would want in a DT and would be an ideal pick here.

Round 4: Devin Aromashadu WR - A very fast, big receiver who excels at going deep. Is probably a year or two away from being a big threat but he adds another body to compete for the third WR spot. He's got the size and speed you look for in a WR prospect.

Round 5: Seppo Evwaraye OT - A huge, talented offensive lineman. He's got the size and speed you look for. From Finland and only started playing football in 1999 so hes very raw. I think that LP is our LT for the next 2 years, regardless of who we draft and maybe 2 years from now, Seppo has refined his technique and can replace LP. He's committed to getting better and is worth the late round pick.

Round 7: Shawn Ellis FB - Big guy who likes to hit. Played defense before FB so he can be a big contributor on special teams. Oldschool fullback.

I would be truly pissed if we draft Deangelo Williams he is going to be a very good running back but that is a pick for the future and this team is based on winning now (so is the NFL) The reason Ernie didnt retire this year is because he thinks they can win it all or get close to winning it all this pick does not really pay off untill 3 years we need a player who will be an imediate impact I say go with the best Corner or maybe DT depending on who is there since i am not a huge fan on Gabe Watson but def not Williams or Winston

Not really sure Jon Alston would be the best pick in the second round there will be better LB's avaible and he is undersized and might go move to saftey

I really like the pick of Dusty Dvoaracek when i was the Bills in the mock draft i took him in the 3rd round... if we do not adress this need in the first or second i like this pick

Not a bad selection in the fourth round he is a bit of a project but nothing wrong with that in the 4th he prob wont get too much playing time but if he is there which i dont think he would be i would go with Greg Jennings from Western Michigan

that is just my opinon though

I think you draft busts when you reach for needs. If you're drafting for now, you don't draft a Cb b/c they will be down on the depth chart behind Madison, Webster, Mcquarters and probably Deloach. I just don' t think there's good value at DT at 25. Basically this draft is for depth and Deangelo gives us a GREAT backup to our most important player.

I think you draft busts when you reach for needs. If you're drafting for now, you don't draft a Cb b/c they will be down on the depth chart behind Madison, Webster, Mcquarters and probably Deloach. I just don' t think there's good value at DT at 25. Basically this draft is for depth and Deangelo gives us a GREAT backup to our most important player.

I agree it is just too hard for me to draft a rb at 25 and if Cromartie is there and giants draft him the depth chart would be:

Peterson (when healthy)

Madison

Webster

Cromartie

Mcquarters

Deloatch

I agree it is just too hard for me to draft a rb at 25 and if Cromartie is there and giants draft him the depth chart would be:

Peterson (when healthy)

Madison

Webster

Cromartie

Mcquarters

Deloatch

A few things:

1. Peterson is finished. Career is over. Everyone needs to understand this.

2. I was using the nfldraftcountdown mock as a basis for who will be available, as explained im my intro. Here were the CB's taken before us: Jimmy Williams, Cromartie, Hill, Marshall and Jonathan Joseph. While all those guys might not be taken before us on draft day, Im pretty sure that Williams, Cromartie and HIll will definitely be off the board. So going off of this here are the CB's to choose from:

Aston Youboty

Jennings

Cedric Griffin

Daniel Manning

Demario Minter

None of these guys would be our third CB. 4th at best.

A few things:

1. Peterson is finished. Career is over. Everyone needs to understand this.

2. I was using the nfldraftcountdown mock as a basis for who will be available, as explained im my intro. Here were the CB's taken before us: Jimmy Williams, Cromartie, Hill, Marshall and Jonathan Joseph. While all those guys might not be taken before us on draft day, Im pretty sure that Williams, Cromartie and HIll will definitely be off the board. So going off of this here are the CB's to choose from:

Aston Youboty

Jennings

Cedric Griffin

Daniel Manning

Demario Minter

None of these guys would be our third CB. 4th at best.

I really dont think that peterson's career is over but back to the subject...

i agree with your list on players not to draft... but i think that either Marshall or Cromartie will be there and a good chance that Jonathan Joseph will be there there

I really dont think that peterson's career is over but back to the subject...

i agree with your list on players not to draft... but i think that either Marshall or Cromartie will be there and a good chance that Jonathan Joseph will be there there

What makes you think his career is not over? All signs point point to it being finished: Hes not w/ the team, EA said they're proceeding w/o him, etc... Any links you have that show otherwise?

Cromartie is considered by many to be the best corner in the draft. The only reason that there was a chance that he would fall to us was due to uncertainty regarding his knee. Now that he has shown that he's fully recovered he's easily a mid round pick and should be long gone. As for JJ, hes very talented and I dont think he will be there either. As for Marshall, he should be around when we pick but he's not ready for the NFL so he doesnt fit into the category of helping now.

Winston missed the bulk of his junior season with a knee injury. That's the only significant time he missed in his college career, which isn't too shabby considering he started for three years. He returned his senior year and earned All ACC first team honors. Doesn't sound like a guy battling a nagging injury problem to me.

Size??? He's 6'6" 310 lbs. How is that a size problem?

Winston missed the bulk of his junior season with a knee injury. That's the only significant time he missed in his college career, which isn't too shabby considering he started for three years. He returned his senior year and earned All ACC first team honors. Doesn't sound like a guy battling a nagging injury problem to me.

Size??? He's 6'6" 310 lbs. How is that a size problem?

His senior year wasnt as good as it was expected to be... I read that it may have been due to lingering effects of his knee injury.

310 is not big enough to play LT. He needs to add weight which isnt a problem in itself since he's a big guy but if hes got knee problems adding weight might eccentuate these. Knee injuries on a lineman can be very bad.

It's not that I think he's a bad LT prospect, it's just that if Im drafting our future LT Id like to make sure Im making a safe pick. Id rather take a prospect in a later round, just my preference.

His senior year wasnt as good as it was expected to be... I read that it may have been due to lingering effects of his knee injury.

310 is not big enough to play LT. He needs to add weight which isnt a problem in itself since he's a big guy but if hes got knee problems adding weight might eccentuate these. Knee injuries on a lineman can be very bad.

It's not that I think he's a bad LT prospect, it's just that if Im drafting our future LT Id like to make sure Im making a safe pick. Id rather take a prospect in a later round, just my preference.

Chris Samuels is 310, Khalif Barnes-310, Jamaal Brown making the switch to LT is 313.

Walter Jones the leagues best LT is 308lbs.

Weight isnt an issue with Winston, its his left knee. He also struggles vs speed rushers. I think Winston is better suited for RT to start his career. Same with Andrew Whitworth.

Edited by Pizan

Winston had 1 bad game his senior season, and that was against Florida State, which unfortunately for him was one of the first games of the year. Missing an entire season and then having to come back versus the Seminoles is no joke. Had he played poorly the remainder of the season I may have held it against him. Instead he got better every game and handled some quality pass rushers (Daryl Tapp among others). Winston's the real deal.

Besides, how can you advocate drafting Cromartie but nix Winston due to injury concerns?