SportsWrath

Who do we draft?

HOUND

Winston has far less upside than Watson has. Plus, I highyl doubt the Giants use their top pick on an offensive players. All indications are that they will concentrate on defense, with or without Arrington in the fold...

Maybe so but he also has a much higher "bust potential". There's no denying we have a need to find and groom a Left Tackle prospect, it's just been overshadowed by our colossal need at OLB. I'm not overlooking how thin we are a DT but I still feel Watson is a major risk in round 1. However Winston is a pretty safe pick and has all the credentials of a franchise Left Tackle. It's not an exciting pick but it would definitely address a need. I don't think we can take protecting Eli's blind side lightly.

I'm beginning to think that we should trade down and take advantage of this drafts depth. We would have to reach for a DT, WR, OT or CB at 25 and think that we could trade down into the early second round. A trade with the 49ers for example, would probably give us an extra third rounder and then they would be able to grab one of the few remaing good LBs left, a big need of theirs since they just lost JP. This is just an example so dont get worked up over it.

At that spot, we would still be able to add a very good player, I would like to see us go DT here and we get an extra third. This would give us a very valuable draft pick to add some depth at positions where we are thin.

I'd like an OT but if we draft a guy like McNeil or Winston, I'd like to trade down because I don't think they are worthy of the #25 pick.

Moss is still on my radar and I would love to trade up for either of the top two DTs.

If Lavar becomes a Giant suddenly outside linebacker isn't nearly the priority it was, factor in the Short signing too.

That being said, who then becomes the targeted player?

Do we go Offensive Tackle?

Some have said WR.

Do we grab one of the corners?

What is DeAngelo Williams or Lendale White is available?

Do we take the highest rated DT? Likely Gabe Watson.

Thoughts?

Now that Lavar is etched in stone My choice for a 1st pick

interesting enough is still LB. WHy ? Because we have to guard against injury

and age. There a lots of injury more than any other time in the NFL and with

Emmons getting up there in age and his past injuries to really cement our LB unit we have to

pick LB. Short is a very good back up but limited and Tobor is still learning

his position. Blackburn is a good back up and developing.

1st pick LB

We also need a stud DT either in FA or draft. FA is more a priority to address a current need.

We cannot go into the season with Robbins and Joseph as the starters!!!!!!!!!

Robbins and a FA starting would be good with joseph and ducket rotating

I would love to see for the entire 6 picks

2 LB's

1 DT

1 CB

1 WR

1 OT

4 defensive players and 2 offensive players

Gabe Watson is the most overrated player! Great size, no talent

Antonio Cromartie is the way to go

Goliath, you've gotta let it go. Cromartie's gonna be long gone by the time we pick. Watson is talented, he just doesnt apply himself... big difference.

Then light a fucking fire under his ass. He got benched his senior season and then all of a sudden he can play.

He's always been able to play, the effort hasn't been there. He showed up the Senior Bowl and put on a show. It's clear he underachieved in college...