SportsWrath

Giants re-sign WR Michael Clayton

Allstarjim

I have to believe Jerrel Jernigan makes the team just because he can also return on ST and being a draft pick rookie, he will be given some time to become NFL ready. Then of course, it looks like Hixon is back 100%. And Victor Cruz is already turning heads. Thomas and Calhoun have had moments.

It's going to be a hard fought battle for the last spot on the team. I'm guessing Cruz may get his chance this year...especially if Barden is still on the PUP.

Isn't it great to have depth at WR? Especially considering how often they get hurt (knock on wood).

I have to believe Jerrel Jernigan makes the team just because he can also return on ST and being a draft pick rookie, he will be given some time to become NFL ready. Then of course, it looks like Hixon is back 100%. And Victor Cruz is already turning heads. Thomas and Calhoun have had moments.

It's going to be a hard fought battle for the last spot on the team. I'm guessing Cruz may get his chance this year...especially if Barden is still on the PUP.

Isn't it great to have depth at WR? Especially considering how often they get hurt (knock on wood).

Cruz and Calhoun's biggest obstacle will be the fact that they don't stand out on STs. Devin Thomas gives us a lot more as 5th WR

I'm a little more skeptical about the group after Manningham and Nicks. I can't include Smith right now and I'm not going to feel comfortable with him as a major factor until NEXT season, and that's if we resign him.

I'd like to see what Thomas can do. I think he has a big ceiling. But most of these other guys are very unproven, and right now it looks like the Eagles' nickel corner is either Asante Samuel or Rodgers-Cromartie.

Cruz intrigues me but is still an unknown commodity against real world competition. Hixon could be ok in the slot, but like I said, Thomas is the one to watch in the group.

Clayton could be a good backup. Yes, he's only had one good year. But it was more than just a good year, it was 80 rec, 1,200 yards, and 7 TDs, with a 15 yard/catch avg. He's a long way removed from that season but I think this is a good move to give Clayton an extended look. I believe he was a mid-season signing last year and you really can't evaluate a guy coming into a situation like that when he doesn't know the offense and doesn't have a rhythm with Eli.

I think it's crucial that whoever does win that 3rd receiver job can be a real threat, though, that will actually punish defenses for not respecting him.