SportsWrath

I have another stone to grind with this stupid F.O.

Guest Floyd The Barber

Guest Floyd The Barber

LB Nick Greisen...

CLEARLY the 2nd best performing LB on the roster in 2005...2nd to only Antonio Pierce...we are deficient in LB's so we let this guy walk and refuse to offer him a respectable and deserved contract in an attempt to retain him for 2006...

posted very solid numbers...4th in team defensed tackles...79 total tackles, 3 fumble recoveries,16 games played...played multiple LB positions...played like a warrior and put veteran Carlos Emmons to shame...he is young, and hungry...he wants to play and compete in the NFL...and was a very dedicated NYG during his short tenure...this is just another one fans are left scratching there heads over...

great job Ernie...you moron

greisen.jpg

LB Nick Greisen...

CLEARLY the 2nd best performing LB on the roster in 2005...2nd to only Antonio Pierce...we are deficient in LB's so we let this guy walk and refuse to offer him a respectable and deserved contract in an attempt to retain him for 2006...

posted very solid numbers...4th in team defensed tackles...79 total tackles, 3 fumble recoveries,16 games played...played multiple LB positions...played like a warrior and put veteran Carlos Emmons to shame...he is young, and hungry...he wants to play and compete in the NFL...and was a very dedicated NYG during his short tenure...this is just another one fans are left scratching there heads over...

greisen.jpg

I share your pain.

Axe?

Guest Nutty Sack
LB Nick Greisen...

greisen.jpg

Great observation. And to heighten the madness we're willing to throw millions at a rivals damaged baggage with a bad attitude. This guy could very easily turn into a very serviceable Gary Reasons type of player but the great talent evaluater EA leaves him twisting in the wind while chasing the garbage truck for someone elses trash.

Go figure.

Guest Floyd The Barber

this will come back to bite us in the ass...you have a guy who wants to play for an organization but wasnt given a fair shake...then you have a F.O. lead by a GM who overpays for has been talent, or talent that never was...on top of all that, he is a clean cut guy who kept his mouth shut and left it on the field...

distgusted...

You guys say that we should be careful to not overpay for Lavar yet you want us to give Griesen starters money. He says that he wants to play MLB, which makes him the backup to Pierce. Since he will be a reserve its stupid to pay him the salary equivalent of a starting LB when we should be using remaing money under the cap to secure a starting DT or OLB.

Yes, he performed very well for us last year but he's not going to start for us and therefore should not be paid like it. Until his demands come down we should not negotiate with him. I thought you guys of all people would think this.

Guest Floyd The Barber

he should be our starting WLB...and Torbor our SLB...id send Carlos anywhere, any takers can have him

he should be our starting WLB...and Torbor our SLB...id send Carlos anywhere, any takers can have him

But Griesen doesnt want to play WLB, he said he wants to play MLB which is why hes looking elsewhere. From your definition of a "team player" he doesnt sound like one. Dont you want team players and therefore he should not be a part of this team. Nice job EA on passing on this me-first piece of trash!

But Griesen doesnt want to play WLB, he said he wants to play MLB which is why hes looking elsewhere. From your definition of a "team player" he doesnt sound like one. Dont you want team players and therefore he should not be a part of this team. Nice job EA on passing on this me-first piece of trash!

How dare you disagree with a member of the FAG 4. You are just another member of the uninformed masses. Don't you know anything about football? ;) As much as I like Griesen's heart and desire, he's no better than a backup, whether on the Giants or any other team. I think the Giants can and will do better than him.

this was a real weird deal with the giants and him.

Now I dont know the numbers but Nick was looking for

starting money and he played well at different positions

but to pay bigger dollars when waiting in the wings is

Simms or Carpenter plus with Pierce and Tobor there is

money that isnt gonna go to Nick.

I do agree that he has that warrior mentality too bad

he doesnt have the physical aspects for being a starter.

The truth is our LB core was weak and if we had the

real deal as a LB unit Nick G wouldnt be a starter.

I do admire your loyality to this guy.

The days of loyality in this sport are long gone!

:ph34r:

I am all for him comming back but at a reasonable price. There is no way we pay him as a starter. I would personally give him a one year deal with reasonable money. I wouldn't break the piggy bank for him though. A decent amount, maybe more of an incentive type of deal. I am still waiting for that pre-draft signing of a OLB or DT.

Nick would be a tremendous 4th LB, given his versatility. But he wants to be a starter and wants to be paid accordingly. Based on his performance and injuries, no team can justify giving in to Nick's wishes (as evidenced by his continued stint of the free agent market)...

I would love to have Nick back for a reasonable starter's price if we don't sign Lavar. Even if we do sign him, I would still like to have him back. But it isn't a perfect world and we'll just have to wait and see.

Nick would be a tremendous 4th LB, given his versatility. But he wants to be a starter and wants to be paid accordingly. Based on his performance and injuries, no team can justify giving in to Nick's wishes (as evidenced by his continued stint of the free agent market)...

There were several teams interested in him last year when he was an RFA but they were dissuaded by the fact he wanted starting MLB money & had almost no history of being able to stay healthy for an entire season (as was evident when his "pulled hammy" let Kevin Lewis beat him for the starters job in 2004) & the fact that he hasn't been able to be anything other than a super subtitiute.... I'm not sure that he's a full time MLB (which he thinks he is & wants to be paid as such), he's kinda like the white version of Michael Barrow, good against the run but out of postition on pass plays (limited mobility). He's not coming back unless his demands (salary-wise or other) are lowered, especially given the depth at LB'er in this draft.