SportsWrath

Smith might be out for the season.

JMFP

Hagan's been great and they've relied more on Boss. I think we'll be fine as long as Manningham and Nicks stay healthy. The two-headed monster at RB (with fresh legs!) and fantastic play from the OLine and Pascoe is our main weapon going down the stretch.

Pascoe has been a really pleasant surprise in the running game. Passing him the ball a few times in the last 2 games means they have to account for him on D as well. As far as I am concerned, Beckum, who does not block very well anyway, can contribute on specials and otherwise sit.

I also saw that Andrews participated on a limited basis in practice yesterday. It would be nice to get that heavy package going on the left side, especially with Brandon Grahm out and probably Bradley as well.

We need to pound them on the ground and hold the ball for long stretches.

At 1st thought, losing Smith seems like a lot. And it is, hes been our surest receiver. But with the Oline doing great despite the injuries all season, and now getting healthy again, and our run game doing great, not to mention Nicks coming back and Manningham not out for the season, I think we will be fine. But the D and run game HAVE to stay on top.

Defense and a good run game=CHMAPIONSHIPS :thumbs:

confused.gif

tongue.gif

Well if I were Smith I'd be pissed right about now that the Giants didn't give him a new contract. I guess this is why players sit out.

setting aside that the NFL is the worst of the major sports leagues in terms of collective bargaining deals ( not much guaranteed money % wise, strong salary cap, tough free agency requirements ) there are 2 ways to look at it.

If he had signed a fat deal and is not ready to go in 2011 ( which is possible ) he might have been released outright. Now he will probably get a 2 year deal worth a couple of million a year and will not be under pressure to be ready at the beginning of next season.

No mater how you look at it this is a big deal.

It's not a knee reconstruction he needs though right? The ligaments are fine, it's the cartilage that needs repairing. I think he'll be fine by training camp and won't have the same issues pivoting of the knee that recon jobs have. He should bounce back.

It's not a knee reconstruction he needs though right? The ligaments are fine, it's the cartilage that needs repairing. I think he'll be fine by training camp and won't have the same issues pivoting of the knee that recon jobs have. He should bounce back.

Yeah I think it's not major but he still got a raw deal by the Giants. He has been the consummate team player and played beyond his contract and the organization shafted him. Many players got good contract extensions this season and it was a poor excuse not to re-sign him. I just hope he recovers and stays with the Giants.