SportsWrath

Time to trade Jacobs to a team that will use him.

JMFP

the reason your bold prediction of a big RB losing some steam after 5 seasons (brilliant, I must say- nostradamus got nothing on you) stands out in your mind is because not much else you have predicted is correct. all those other ignorant perceptions of yours get muddled in your pitiful existence of failure ( smile.gif like that one!)

What am I missing? Don't you have to have steam to begin with to lose it?

Actually, wasn't it Bradshaw that helped save that "super" season by going 80 or so yards against the Bills? I think you take Jacobs off the roster of that "superbowl team" and they still win the superbowl.

What am I missing? Don't you have to have steam to begin with to lose it?

Actually, wasn't it Bradshaw that helped save that "super" season by going 80 or so yards against the Bills? I think you take Jacobs off the roster of that "superbowl team" and they still win the superbowl.

whatever- jacobs was a 3rd round ( i think) draft pick that paid dividends. you and shitdog certainly didn't write any new material at your summer love nest. shall we talk about some under achieving cowboys RB now?

whatever- jacobs was a 3rd round ( i think) draft pick that paid dividends. you and shitdog certainly didn't write any new material at your summer love nest. shall we talk about some under achieving cowboys RB now?

Unlike many of the masses here, I am not going to defend people who are unworthy of being defended. The entire Cowboys teams has underachieved. As far as the backs go, I have not seen enough to determine whether it's on them, on the o-line, or some combo of both.

the reason your bold prediction of a big RB losing some steam after 5 seasons (brilliant, I must say- nostradamus got nothing on you) stands out in your mind is because not much else you have predicted is correct. all those other ignorant perceptions of yours get muddled in your pitiful existence of failure ( smile.gif like that one!)

do tell linus. the dog would love to hear some examples. oh nevermind, you only take shots and never really take a firm stand on anything. as for jacobs, he was never impressive. the dog dares you to watch old games of him, and count had many yards he had running free into the secondary without being touched. his line produced. take that from him, he was overrated from day 1. while your collecting those stats, why not count how many times he has been stopped in short yardage situations before finally getting it done, when he did actually get it done. it will most likely surprise you...overall, his contributions to this organization are minimal at best...until now anyway, because he is pure entertainment for the dog...

Unlike many of the masses here, I am not going to defend people who are unworthy of being defended. The entire Cowboys teams has underachieved. As far as the backs go, I have not seen enough to determine whether it's on them, on the o-line, or some combo of both.

that's a fair answer. thank you.

do tell linus. the dog would love to hear some examples. oh nevermind, you only take shots and never really take a firm stand on anything. as for jacobs, he was never impressive. the dog dares you to watch old games of him, and count had many yards he had running free into the secondary without being touched. his line produced. take that from him, he was overrated from day 1. while your collecting those stats, why not count how many times he has been stopped in short yardage situations before finally getting it done, when he did actually get it done. it will most likely surprise you...overall, his contributions to this organization are minimal at best...until now anyway, because he is pure entertainment for the dog...

You know as much as I think BJ is just a decent RB, he did have one of the biggest 4th and 1 conversions of his career in the SB which was over shadowed by Eli to Tyree pitch and catch. He was hit in the backfield and pushed/fell forward for the first down.

Not saying that because of it I'm giving him a pass for last season and this season, but without that pickup the Giants have no third SB win.

Edit. Found a vid at the 4:43 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bn-Cl0xDwI

You guys seem to forget it was the combination of Bradshaw and Jacobs that got us a Super Bowl ring......back then we used Jacobs to wear them down and Bradshaw in the 2nd half.........maybe we should go back to that formula......leave Bradshaw as a starter but after halftime

You guys seem to forget it was the combination of Bradshaw and Jacobs that got us a Super Bowl ring......back then we used Jacobs to wear them down and Bradshaw in the 2nd half.........maybe we should go back to that formula......leave Bradshaw as a starter but after halftime

the dog tends to disagree with this common theory - it is not running backs that tend to wear defenses down as much as it is physical line play. that is where any wearing down takes place. a big, punishing back that barrels through people who are getting banged around by the line helps, but not all that much...of course, jacobs doesn't fit that bill anyway, so it doesn't matter.