SportsWrath

Time to trade Jacobs to a team that will use him.

JMFP

I wonder if Atlanta would take him and Tynes off our hands for Matt Bryant back....I'd do that trade.

In all seriousness, I don't think I've ever seen Jacobs make a nice play that wasn't followed by him rolling on the ground, throwing a tantrum, or looking to get in someone's face. Which then leads to me clenching my asshole hoping he doesn't come out of it with a 15 yard penalty.

I seriously despise that 270 lb pile of crap.

Jacobs has had his share of dumb moves....but the guy can play.

I'm not by any means laying anything on Gilbride for this loss, just making an observation.

But with respect to the physical style of play today, the Giants kept their most intimidating offensive weapon on the pine.

So, if Jacobs has no role in a smashmouth game, I really can't think of any scenario (outside of an injury to Bradshaw) where his services are required.

Gilbride called a HELL of a game. He had the Titans off balance all day.

Ashame Eli tried to do his best Steve Young impression during a game that counts.

I think Eli's thinking was if I don't make a play here Tynes is gonna give us zero points anyway so what the hell.

Gilbride called a HELL of a game. He had the Titans off balance all day.

Ashame Eli tried to do his best Steve Young impression during a game that counts.

Good playcalling, no doubt.

But Jacobs should have seen more carries inside the 20's.

Jacobs is the junkyard dog....without him, the offense is making up for his nastiness with personal fouls. Not good.

Jacobs is the junkyard dog....without him, the offense is making up for his nastiness with personal fouls. Not good.

He is a better pass blocker and he can hold onto the football. He should see more carries in general I think.

Joe, he can't even stay upright now, contact or no contact. I mean, today he makes that one good play and then falls right onto the ground untouched. Another play he gets through the line and then just falls down. there's absolutley no reason for any of this nonsense. Overall he's running very poorly.

Meanwhile Bradshaw is doing his damdest not to fall down. Right now there's no comparison between the 2. And the scary part is that at the end of tthis season, Jacobs may have the money tied to him that the Giants need to use on bradshaw.

Joe, he can't even stay upright now, contact or no contact. I mean, today he makes that one good play and then falls right onto the ground untouched. Another play he gets through the line and then just falls down. there's absolutley no reason for any of this nonsense. Overall he's running very poorly.

Meanwhile Bradshaw is doing his damdest not to fall down. Right now there's no comparison between the 2. And the scary part is that at the end of tthis season, Jacobs may have the money tied to him that the Giants need to use on bradshaw.

I can't really tell, since he's been sitting on the bench since preseason.

Ball on the Giants 1 yard line, and a pass play.....Bradshaw in to block.

1st and goal....Bradshaw again.

Like I said, let's trade him and get something out of it. Bradshaw is the full time back now.....whatever the down and distance, he's our guy.

The thing that makes Bradshaw so great, is sometimes his biggest downfall. He never wants to go down, he doesn't protect the football as much as he should.

you're absolutely right. that fumble on the 1 or so was barely a tap to the football and it came flying out....

I wonder if Atlanta would take him and Tynes off our hands for Matt Bryant back....I'd do that trade.

In all seriousness, I don't think I've ever seen Jacobs make a nice play that wasn't followed by him rolling on the ground, throwing a tantrum, or looking to get in someone's face. Which then leads to me clenching my asshole hoping he doesn't come out of it with a 15 yard penalty.

I seriously despise that 270 lb pile of crap.

That penalty on Jacobs was BS, the flag should have been out when #75 pushed Jacobs down after he tried to get up after the play.

But its always the guy that retaliates that gets caught, and teams have figured out that Jacobs can be baited. Until he can control himself and keep his head in the game he might just be a liability on the field.

The thing that makes Bradshaw so great, is sometimes his biggest downfall. He never wants to go down, he doesn't protect the football as much as he should.

those 2 things don't have to be cause and effect. you can be a tough runner and also hold on to the ball.

Bill Parcells would have put Jacobs in at the goal line....for the same reason he favored OJ Anderson over Rodney Hampton.

There are times during the game that you have to come away with points.

That safety play was a huge turning point....that fumble at the goal line was the back breaker.

Apparently, Bradshaw is our best blocking back, and also our goal line back, and our short yardage back too.

So, since Jacob officially has no utility in the offense, we should just trade him.

jacobs was never as good as jacobs thought. bradshaw should be the feature back, and let jacobs continue to pout. what would you trade him for at this point? the dog never saw him as much of talent, and his nasty, physical play was directed at dbacks. otherwise he can't get out of his own way. the short yardage thing always was a little odd to the dog, even when barber was there. barber would run through defenses up and down the field, but for some reason the assumption was that he couldn't get the final one or two yards, and they needed the big back to do this. meanwhile, last year there were several examples (the raiders game for one), when jacobs was stopped twice near the goal line, and bradshaw came in and with one run scored...the dog's point is, jacobs is not worth giving the ball t o 10 or 20 times a game, and he is not trade worthy for anything legit now...let him sulk on the sidelines. that is where he belongs...

We lost at least 6 points, and probably 14, by not using Jacobs appropriately.

He would have cashed in on the Eli interception, and the Bradshaw fumble.

I'd also take 2 off the board on that safety if Jacobs were the blocking back.

We lost at least 6 points, and probably 14, by not using Jacobs appropriately.

He would have cashed in on the Eli interception, and the Bradshaw fumble.

I'd also take 2 off the board on that safety if Jacobs were the blocking back.

the same way he cashed in during the playoff game against the eagles when he couldn't get a yard and a half on two different occassions? nothing is for sure, especially with a guy who has been tap dancing through the line for most of his career. the dog doesn't understand what the infatuation is with jacobs, but the writing has been on the wall for a long time. go back to the super bowl run - see the playoff game against the bucs when he spent a good portion of the 4th quarter on the bench. see the cowboy playoff game when they needed to be physical and run the clock down in the end - there he was, the big, strong presence on the sidelines...now that the line has slipped, he gets more obviously exposed, but he has been weak for a long time...

the same way he cashed in during the playoff game against the eagles when he couldn't get a yard and a half on two different occassions? nothing is for sure, especially with a guy who has been tap dancing through the line for most of his career. the dog doesn't understand what the infatuation is with jacobs, but the writing has been on the wall for a long time. go back to the super bowl run - see the playoff game against the bucs when he spent a good portion of the 4th quarter on the bench. see the cowboy playoff game when they needed to be physical and run the clock down in the end - there he was, the big, strong presence on the sidelines...now that the line has slipped, he gets more obviously exposed, but he has been weak for a long time...

If I hadn't seen what he is capable of with my own eyes, I would be tempted to agree with The Dog.

However, your observations are based on 2009, when he was injured, and 2010, where he is an afterthought.

Point taken on the Philly loss, but I think alot of blame goes around on that one.

Give him a role, some clear directions, and let him loose in the right situations.

Having Andrews in as a tight end, and Jacobs in as a blocker, the pass protection was very good.

Again, I understand Bradshaw getting a majority of the carries.....but giving him 100% of the workload is ludricrous.

After that Bradshaw run, they should have gotten Jacobs in, hurried to the line, and handed him the ball....he would have cashed it in.

Man, those clips don't even look like the same guy that we have now.

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

three minutes and 28 seconds of highlights and NOT ONCE was there a clip of him running over anyone other than a little dback with a minimum 10 yard head start without being touched...the dog loves it. most of his highlights are him celebrating 1 yard TD runs or him picking on players half his size...what a waste! priceless...truly priceless...thanks for the memories indeed! :LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: