SportsWrath

Your 2008 New York Mets?

Blue Jeans

If everything goes as planned we could be looking at possible the best Mets lineup of all time for the 2008 season. It seems so fun to think about what might happen in what looks to be such a bright future for us...

C- Paul Lo Duca- Veteran catcher, still a solid hitter, still good defensively.

1B- Carlos Delgado- Veteren slugger at first base that still hits consistantly getting up in age.

2B- Anderson Hernandez- Young, bright star. Gem in the field, solid at the plate learning some more disipline.

SS- Jose Reyes- Young, all-pro player at shortstop who brings amazing speed while hitting consistantly in the first slot, finally drawing some walks. Doing better in the field, not to mention a growing rocket arm.

3B- David Wright- Another young, all-pro player who has hit very consistantly in the third hole for the Mets, driving Reyes and co. in 120+ times for the past 2 seasons.

LF- Lastings Milledge- A young super-prospect in the Mets' outfield with a year of experience under his belt. Began to get the groove of big league pitching and hits a consistant .300 for the Mets in the second slot.

CF- Carlos Beltran- Finally living up to his contract, an all-pro batting in the fifth slot for the Mets, still not missing a beat in the field, a definate fan favorite.

RF- Carlos Gomez- Rookie fielder who has a never ending cieling in the field on running the bases, has been clocked faster than Jose Reyes stealing and getting to first, would bat in the 8th due to the fact it's his first year, but that will soon change as his OBP rises. Gomez helps the Mets have the most dominant speed in the big leagues with Reyes, Gomez, Beltran, Hernandez, Milledge, and even Wright.

Starting Rotation

Barry Zito- Acquired in 2006-2007 offseason re-uniting with Rick Peterson gave a run for the Cy Young award last year only to come up short to Dontrelle Willis.

Pedro Martinez- Still a very, very, solid starter though his age is getting up there. Same old Pedro.

Mike Pelfry- Entering his second season as a Mets starter with a shakey rookie year last year but showed much promise with his 95+ MPH fastball as well as his great changeup to strike batters out.

Mark Mulder- Also acquired in the 2006-2007 offseason, solid starter for the Mets. Nothing flashy, will give you 10-15 wins.

Brian Bannister- Entering his third year with the Mets he began to show flashes of a young Barry Zito with his great curve and good inside pitching, a great career still to come for him.

Billy Wagner- Up in age but will give the Mets 40+ saves, still throws at 96-97 MPH.

What a dream team.

2008 already? Yeeeesh. We're 6-1 and are tied for the best record in the majors. Enjoy it!

Come on man! Look at that team! This dynasty begins in 2006 and with this team can go through to 2015!

Come on man! Look at that team! This dynasty begins in 2006 and with this team can go through to 2015!

Yeah but I'm fricken 13 man. I don't want to rush my childhood for this... lol. You're not helping either :TD:

Rush it for this?

1- Jose Reyes

2- Lastings Milledge

3- David Wright

4- Carlos Delgado

5- Carlos Beltran

6- Paul Lo Duca

7- Anderson Hernandez

8- CARLOS "THE FREAK" GOMEZ

THE BEST BASE STEALING TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL?

Rush it for this?

1- Jose Reyes

2- Lastings Milledge

3- David Wright

4- Carlos Delgado

5- Carlos Beltran

6- Paul Lo Duca

7- Anderson Hernandez

:rock:

Rush it for this?

1- Jose Reyes

2- Lastings Milledge

3- David Wright

4- Carlos Delgado

5- Carlos Beltran

6- Paul Lo Duca

7- Anderson Hernandez

Shut the fuck up dude :drool:

When this day comes I'm gonna actually have to do workk :furious:

All I've heard is that he's a fast runner, how is he hitting?

Career 8-6th hitter... looking at .275 lifetime right now in the conversion chart. Not a lot of power, very, very Reyes-ish. Reyes has a lot more upside though and could become a career .300.

I have a feeling we're going to sign a big hitter or two over the next few years too.

Seeing that we're set with speed, I wouldn't mind so much trading Gomez for a big time and I mean big time player.

If everything goes as planned we could be looking at possible the best Mets lineup of all time for the 2008 season. It seems so fun to think about what might happen in what looks to be such a bright future for us...

C- Paul Lo Duca- Veteran catcher, still a solid hitter, still good defensively.

1B- Carlos Delgado- Veteren slugger at first base that still hits consistantly getting up in age.

2B- Anderson Hernandez- Young, bright star. Gem in the field, solid at the plate learning some more disipline.

SS- Jose Reyes- Young, all-pro player at shortstop who brings amazing speed while hitting consistantly in the first slot, finally drawing some walks. Doing better in the field, not to mention a growing rocket arm.

3B- David Wright- Another young, all-pro player who has hit very consistantly in the third hole for the Mets, driving Reyes and co. in 120+ times for the past 2 seasons.

LF- Lastings Milledge- A young super-prospect in the Mets' outfield with a year of experience under his belt. Began to get the groove of big league pitching and hits a consistant .300 for the Mets in the second slot.

CF- Carlos Beltran- Finally living up to his contract, an all-pro batting in the fifth slot for the Mets, still not missing a beat in the field, a definate fan favorite.

RF- Carlos Gomez- Rookie fielder who has a never ending cieling in the field on running the bases, has been clocked faster than Jose Reyes stealing and getting to first, would bat in the 8th due to the fact it's his first year, but that will soon change as his OBP rises. Gomez helps the Mets have the most dominant speed in the big leagues with Reyes, Gomez, Beltran, Hernandez, Milledge, and even Wright.

Starting Rotation

Barry Zito- Acquired in 2006-2007 offseason re-uniting with Rick Peterson gave a run for the Cy Young award last year only to come up short to Dontrelle Willis.

Pedro Martinez- Still a very, very, solid starter though his age is getting up there. Same old Pedro.

Mike Pelfry- Entering his second season as a Mets starter with a shakey rookie year last year but showed much promise with his 95+ MPH fastball as well as his great changeup to strike batters out.

Mark Mulder- Also acquired in the 2006-2007 offseason, solid starter for the Mets. Nothing flashy, will give you 10-15 wins.

Brian Bannister- Entering his third year with the Mets he began to show flashes of a young Barry Zito with his great curve and good inside pitching, a great career still to come for him.

Billy Wagner- Up in age but will give the Mets 40+ saves, still throws at 96-97 MPH.

What a dream team.

I personally think that team is garbage. That pitching staff is worse than what the yankees have now and your depending on a bunch of rookies to become superstars and players over 35 to play like they're 25.

Keep dreaming though :TU:

I'd be disappointed if Andy Hernandez is still a starter in a couple years. No bat.

He still has potential to have a good bat, you have to give him time still. He batted over .300 in Triple-A Norfolk, with some experience maybe it will translate into the bigs. He may have little pop in his bat but his speed compared to Jose is above average. Not to mention he is capable of winning gold-gloves out his ass.

I'd be disappointed if Andy Hernandez is still a starter in a couple years. No bat.

He actually has a nice swing. The last couple of weeks have shown that he could be a solid fielder too and we obviously know he has very good speed. I don't think he's ready for major league pitching just yet but his swing is similar to Jose Reyes actually.

You can't have a .240 hitter with no power batting 8th. Kills the bottom of the order and puts a ton of pressure on Nady. How many balls has Hernandez hit out of the infield this year? 2? He's a back-up/defensive replacement at best...

Oh, and let's not use one .300+ season at triple A to justify his ability. This guy was once traded for Vance Wilson.

Who is our better option now? Hernandez or Matsui?

Scott Kazmir was once traded for Victor Zambrano...

Edited by Blue_Jeans

You can't have a .240 hitter with no power batting 8th. Kills the bottom of the order and puts a ton of pressure on Nady. How many balls has Hernandez hit out of the infield this year? 2? He's a back-up/defensive replacement at best...

Hernandez is not ready for major league pitching. He was our last option going into the season and he clearly is not ready for major league pitching. It appears to me that he has a nice stroke but won't be a big home run hitter. I can see him being a career .270 hitter which is fine at the bottom of the lineup.

I recall that Matsui came on towards the end of last year. He started hitting balls harder and getting more hits. So I wouldn't mind giving him a shot again for a few games.

It's not a matter of not being ready ... it's a matter of not having the talent to hit at this level.

.119 BA in 59 ABs. 1 BB to 11 Ks. 0 extra base hits.

Having a guy like this at the bottom of the line-up is detrimental to offensive output. No matter how well he plays the field, his offense is unacceptable for an everyday starter.