SportsWrath

another another DE

Lughead

More signings

Leon Wright, CB, Duke

Jim Cordle, OL, Ohio State

Nate Collins, DT, Virginia… I know Jesse Bartolis is a huge fan. His prospect profile is here.

Duke Calhoun, WR, Memphis

Ayanga Okpokowuruk, DE, Duke (seriously, two players from Duke? Interesting)

Penn State offensive lineman Dennis Landolt was predicted to go as high as the fifth round in rhe draft. He’s a right tackle/guard type who earned All-Big 10 honors from the league coaches.

Landolt and Ohio State C/G Jim Cordile long with fifth-round pick Arkansas G Mitch Petrus should provide some young depth along the line, whether on the 53-man roster or the practice squad.

From Ralph V

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS

As soon as the draft ended, the Giants began reaching out to many, many undrafted free agents to either sign them or invite them to next weekend’s mini-camp for a tryout. As the names come in - - either from reports, agents, NFL sources, or sometimes the players themselves - - I will continue to update this list.

Keep in mind two things, though: Sometimes we’re told the player is “signed” when he really just has a tryout. And sometimes a player agrees to join one team, but then later changes his mind.

In other words, this list will likely be fluid. For now, though, here are the names I know:

LAST UPDATED: Sunday, 3:58 p.m.

TE Jake Ballard, Ohio State

OL Jimmy Cordle, Ohio State

WR Duke Calhoun, Memphis

LB Lee Campbell, Minnesota

DT Nate Collins, Virginia

WR Victor Cruz, UMass (tryout)

RB Daniel Dufrene, Illinois

OL Dennis Landolt, Penn State

DE Ayanga Okpokowuruk, Duke

G Chris Poole, Holy Cross (tryout)

QB Dom Randolph, Holy Cross

CB Leon Wright, Duke

Also, TE/LS Jonathan Loyte, who played at Vanderbilt and Boston College and first tried out for the NFL in 2008, will be attending camp on a tryout basis.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2010/04/the-giants-class-of-2010.html#ixzz0m9ejFDdn

From giants gab

Former Ball State football player Brandon Crawford on Sunday afternoon accepted an invitation to try out with the New York Giants.

Crawford, a 6-foot-3, 273-pound defensive end, was hopeful of being selected last week in the NFL draft. When his name wasn’t called, his agent secured a free-agent opportunity.

“All I wanted was an opportunity,” Crawford said. “This is surreal now. I’m just trying to take it all in

I think they signed the Duke guy, just to learned JPP some smarts. This is what I heard in JPP interviews. "UM yeah I wanted to a plays da fatballs game, and then I just disint wants to plays it nomores, then sistah said u goes out there and plays it, so I said ok miah plays it at least for today" Thank JR at least you offered us some comic relief. NO FUCKING LB's BUT DAMN SOME FUNNY SHIT

I think they signed the Duke guy, just to learned JPP some smarts. This is what I heard in JPP interviews. "UM yeah I wanted to a plays da fatballs game, and then I just disint wants to plays it nomores, then sistah said u goes out there and plays it, so I said ok miah plays it at least for today" Thank JR at least you offered us some comic relief. NO FUCKING LB's BUT DAMN SOME FUNNY SHIT

LMAO @ "so i said ok ima plays it at least for today"!!!!

LMAO @ "so i said ok ima plays it at least for today"!!!!

I seriously have come around on JPP, it will just take time for him to develop. I guess the thinking was if we don't draft him now we will be kicking ourselves when this kid becomes great, I do think he has a commitment to play, I hope. Next year he might get only 15 snaps a game, but in 2011 he may be ready to dominant, it will just take patience, I know we had more needs like at MLB but we drafted Dilliard who I think was the best fit for the D scheme, but overall this draft wasn't bad, and the nucleus of this team is still pretty young