SportsWrath

Phil Hughes

Lubeck

I feel so bad for this kid...the strike zone his first game was tiny. Game 2 tonight? He had 4 straight pitches that would be strikes that were called balls. The kid is putting the ball on the edges and the umps are fucking him.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel so bad for this kid...the strike zone his first game was tiny. Game 2 tonight? He had 4 straight pitches that would be strikes that were called balls. The kid is putting the ball on the edges and the umps are fucking him.

I don't think too many people are feeling bad for this kid now. He looks as if he is blossoming into the pitcher he has been hyped up to be. He's looking really good. Now if we could just find a pitcher to replace Vasquez. Actually, Javier might do well in the pen in long relief.

Looks like the team has decided to use Vasquez as little as possible and only in situations where it won't hurt them in the division. Glad to see the turnaround in Phil Hughes from last season continuing this year.

I don't think too many people are feeling bad for this kid now. He looks as if he is blossoming into the pitcher he has been hyped up to be. He's looking really good. Now if we could just find a pitcher to replace Vasquez. Actually, Javier might do well in the pen in long relief.