SportsWrath

Joe West blasts Yanks/BoSox

Lubeck

If you are reading this topic then you probably know what story I am talking about. He called the BoSox and the Yanks dbags because their play style extends game times.

But there was this interesting quote in his criticism that stood out....

"They're the two clubs that don't try to pick up the pace," said West, chief of the umpiring crew that worked the three-game series in Boston. He was the home plate umpire Sunday. "They're two of the best teams in baseball. Why are they playing the slowest?

Guess what fat fuck maybe that is part of the reason they are some of the best teams? If two of the best teams are playing the slowest maybe that is part of their strategy?

In the modern baseball age where trying to get to a teams bullpen is a huge way to win...guess what gets one team to the others bullpen? Its playing slow. Take a lot of pitches. Foul off a lot of pitches. Funny when I watch the Yanks play any other team it doesn't seem like the other teams batters are stepping out any less than the Yanks. Their pitchers don't take more time to deliver. Its just that the batters on the Yanks do a better job of staying at the plate and fighting.

Sorry that when two of the best teams get together your overloaded knees need to keep that bulbous weight verticle for an extended period of time. And honestly get your strike zone more in line with the league standard and I guarantee you won't need to wear that weighty gear for 4 hours...calling an honest game would do better to shorten the time.

Maybe the reason the Yanks/BoSox take so long is because they don't go to the plate hacking at everything like you would prefer them to do. Maybe the best teams in baseball teach plate discipline that extends at bats. Maybe this is one of the few areas Boston and NY fans can agree that you are wrong and we appreciate our batters going up wanting to be as prepared as possible. And if Big Floppi wants to spit in his gloves each pitch so be it....if every now and then El Capitan wants to step out and adjust his gear we understand it....but its part of the game and if you can't stay in shape to handle the rigors of standing in a single place for 4 hours and screwing up calls grab a whistle and join the NFL crew......oh wait they would never accept you cause moving 2 feet would require a fork lift you fat fuck

And West is one of the known officials who shrinks the zone. Anything belt level or above he refuses to call it a strike.

Honestly his comments not only crossed a line by using language that if any manager used would get them fined but it comes across as highly hypocritical. And if I were the Sox/Yanks managers I would think I have a strong case for going to the commish and saying this ump chief has clearly shown he has a bias against us there is no logical reason why he should ever be involve in a game we are playing in.

Seriously his comments are so anti-BoSox/Yanks there is no reason he should be involved in any game they play.

Joe West is right on. While I agree with Lubeck that going deep into the count is a big reason these teams are consistently great (the other big reason is $$), the posturing and staring is ridiculous.

I've said it for the last 2 year. I record those games because I still like to watch them but with the fast forward button firmly in my grasp.

However, since players and managers are not allowed to bitch about umps without reprisal, the reverse should also be true.

I never got the bitching about game length, half the time I'm pissed because the game is over.

Great point. It's America's Pastime....not a track meet.

If people get bored, they can change the channel.

Or as Clarence said, call some fucking strikes if you want to get things going. Or, don't give the batters time after every friggin pitch.

Joe West is right on. While I agree with Lubeck that going deep into the count is a big reason these teams are consistently great (the other big reason is $$), the posturing and staring is ridiculous.

I've said it for the last 2 year. I record those games because I still like to watch them but with the fast forward button firmly in my grasp.

However, since players and managers are not allowed to bitch about umps without reprisal, the reverse should also be true.

I still miss Earl Weaver and Billy Martin. What I'll never miss would be freaking mandatory replays if they ever pass it.