SportsWrath

Giants may lure Fewell away from Bears

Mr. P

CHICAGO -- Funny how things tend to work out in the NFL.

Although the Bears have identified Perry Fewell as their top choice to run the defense in 2010, it now appears the Giants are a serious threat to steal away the former Bills interim head coach.

The New York Daily News reports Fewell has emerged as the top candidate to replace ex-defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan in New York, and that Fewell expects to receive an offer from one or both teams once he expresses official interest.

Even though Fewell first interviewed with the Giants last week, most viewed Romeo Crennel as the favorite to land the job. But Crennel’s agent announced Monday his client is likely headed to Kansas City to rejoin former New England colleague Scott Pioli. With Mike Zimmer signing a new deal to stay in Cincinnati, and Jim Haslett rumored to be going to Washington, the Giants may be left without any option other than Fewell.

There’s been speculation Tom Coughlin could reunite with Dick Jauron (Coughlin’s former defensive coordinator in Jacksonville), but so far nothing has materialized on that front.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4664053/giants-may-lure-fewell-away-from-bears

One of my Marine corps buddies is a hugh Bills fan and he called me yesterday to let me know this guy sucks big ass.

He said for sure to get Dick Jauron... The defense was alot better when he was defensive coordinator.

Leave it to the fucking Giants FO to let Crennel and Haslet slip away. This is pretty much the first time (aside from not signing that kicker who went to the Redskins) I feel Reese is dropping the fucking bowling on his own nuts... wtf, I don't want a B-lister.. I don't want anyone who hasn't proven to be a very good DC to run our D... our team was picked to reach the super bowl this year for a reason... I thought the lessons learned from Sheridan will make these guys move with a purpose. If I was Reese, I'd call RC's agent right now and say look bitch $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

One of my Marine corps buddies is a hugh Bills fan and he called me yesterday to let me know this guy sucks big ass.

He said for sure to get Dick Jauron... The defense was a lot better when he was defensive coordinator.

Jauron would be a good choice.

Jauron would be a consolation prize pick. ..... KC just got the trip to Hawaii, and the Giants will get a lifetime supply of Rice A Roni.

Pepper Johnson is the best choice right now, but I suppose he's got too much pride to be a good fit for our current defense.

He said for sure to get Dick Jauron... The defense was alot better when he was defensive coordinator.

are you sure your buddy knows what hes talking about?

because dick jauron was never the defensive coordinator for buffalo, only the headcoach.

but with fewell, this season they were 2nd best in passing yds allowed.

and this is just from wikipedia...

Fewell's effort as a Defensive Coordinator should be regarded as successful. In what was statistically their best season under Fewell, the 2008 Bills defense ranked 2nd in the AFC in negative yardage plays, recorded 7 games of holding opposing offenses to less than 100 yards rushing, finished 4th in the NFL in Red-Zone defense (41.8%), and allowed just 14 passing TDs all year. [2]

Jauron would be a consolation prize pick. ..... KC just got the trip to Hawaii, and the Giants will get a lifetime supply of Rice A Roni.

Pepper Johnson is the best choice right now, but I suppose he's got too much pride to be a good fit for our current defense.

where are you getting that from?

where are you getting that from?

Actually, I'm just being sarcastic. My point was that Pepper's experience under Romeo, plus as a former Giant linebacker, he'd bring the tradition of defensive pride and toughness back to the unit.

Actually, I'm just being sarcastic. My point was that Pepper's experience under Romeo, plus as a former Giant linebacker, he'd bring the tradition of defensive pride and toughness back to the unit.

ooooh gotcha,

i thought you had some inside info that he like refused an interview or something.