SportsWrath

Bryan Kehl Summer Questionnaire

Mr. P

bryan_kehl.jpg

Linebacker Bryan Kehl's New York Giants summer questionnaire

by Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger
Wednesday July 22, 2009, 9:00 AM

Giants linebacker Bryan Kehl saw action immediately as a rookie -- and made a few plays, including this tackle of the Redskins' Clinton Portis -- but he wants to be on the field even more this season.

Wednesday, we check in with last year's fourth-round pick, Bryan Kehl, who started two games as a rookie and is one of the candidates to start on the weak side in Week 1 (and possibly beyond) for free-agent acquisition Michael Boley. Like many of his teammates, Kehl spent part of his break at a wedding. But he wasn't just attending; it was his wedding. He talks about it in the latest installment of our Giants summer questionnaire:

What are your plans for the break?: "I'm getting married. In Utah, Salt Lake. Her name is Jessica Bingham. She's from Utah, from about 10 minutes away from me. She went to BYU; she's a photographer. There's going to be a lot of people. We sent out about 1,000 invites, so we'll see how many. Michael Boley (who was walking by at the time) is not invited. (Joking.) The ceremony will probably be about 60 or 70 people, and at the reception, we're guessing there will be about 700ish. We're going to go to Hawaii for about four days on our honeymoon, short and sweet."

What are your individual goals for this upcoming season?: "I want to get on the field. I think everybody's goal is to the same, to be a starter, to contribute. We'll see, but whatever my role is, to contribute to the team cause. But I'm excited now that I have kind of a better understanding, I'm not a rookie, I know how things work and what to expect. I started a couple times last year, got my feet wet, I learned a lot, and I'm excited and anxious to come back in year two better prepared and wiser. One year wiser and one year older. Last year, I had a really good production percentage, so making plays. They did a percentage of how many tackles, sacks, whatever you made, divided by the snaps that you were in the game. I had 33 percent, so it was really good, it was one of the top in the defense. Justin Tuck was 34 percent, for example. But they also have a grade, you get a plus or minus for every play, and my percentage on that wasn't as good, so that's something I want to get better at. It was like 52 percent."

Fan submission: Why is this defense going to be better this year? "Our pass rush is going to be nasty. It's going to be sweet. Just the guys that we have, we got the premier D-linemen in the NFL. So it's going to be scary when those guys pin their ears back and go. And that will just make everybody else good. Just having Osi Umenyiora out there, the guy is one of a kind. Just him, alone, coming back makes us better. Then the other D-line additions -- Chris Canty, Rocky Bernard -- that just makes our team better."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/07...ls_new_yor.html

He's tackling Tavaris Jackson isn't he? not Clinton Portis

hah

this forum wouldnt allow the posting of the picture on the page so i found a random one of him to post.

just to make the thread more visually appealing for my sportswrath friends.

Actually, Tavaris Jackson is one of Clinton Portis' weird secret identities.

No wonder he can't throw a legitmate pass,and why is Michael Boley not invited to Kehls wedding,is he afraid his new wife is gonna get the hell beat out of her

No wonder he can't throw a legitmate pass,and why is Michael Boley not invited to Kehls wedding,is he afraid his new wife is gonna get the hell beat of out of her

He was joking, Boley was walking by at the time.