SportsWrath

To trade or not to trade ....

xxi-xxv

Murphy has looked good at first. He is still learning the position though. Jerry really confuses me why he would give him the day off. He needs to play everyday to get out of this funk and to learn the position more. They need another starter.

Murphy has looked good at first. He is still learning the position though. Jerry really confuses me why he would give him the day off. He needs to play everyday to get out of this funk and to learn the position more. They need another starter.

Jerry is a tad weird in how he sours on players. We know he hates Church and thats fine cause Church blows, but he trumped Murphy up so much this spring only to shoot him down now during his first ever prolonged slump. Like I said weird...

It's not like I should call for his head than I normally would because they wont fire him because they still owe Willie money. It just irks me why Murphy was not playing tonight.

Agreed, plus he has kept them afloat with some awful injuries and really a corner OF situation that makes the 2000 Mets of Agbayani and Bell look like Maris and Mantle .

I would want a starting pitcher.

Some players need to play every day. They play with a rhythm and not playing everyday upsets that rhythm. Murphy and Church both have shown that they need to play everyday to be effective. Manuel playing these guys one day and sitting them the next has not helped either of them at all. I expect that the Mets will make a significant move, though, before the trade deadline.