SportsWrath

DID WE RE-SIGN OUR PRO BOWL KICKER- CARNEY

JackStroud

yeah all those pro bowlers had horrible years.....weird huh?

Yeah, since pro bowlers are selected around December 16th and voting begins around the second week of October, I'd say they all had a great year right up until about............the middle of November. Odd how that works out isn't it?

Yeah, I love what Carney did - he was automatic....right up until we absolutely, positively needed him when the cold winds blew in January. He was a different kicker against the Eagles in the playoffs....and now he's a year older. I'd also remind you that even in the kicker friendly climate before fall turns into winter, his kickoffs were short, sometimes very short.

It was a nice job of catching lightning in a bottle and maybe Tynes isn't the answer, either....but it's time to let Carney move on.

Here is some more math for you. The Giants had 4 home games from November 16th until the season was over.

11-16-08 vs. Baltimore Ravens - the wind is so strong in Giants stadium that the team can't even start Carney due to his weak leg strenght. Tynes goes 1 for 1.

12-7-08 vs. Philadelphia Eagles - 0 for 1.

12-21-08 vs. Carolina Panthers - 2 for 2.

1-11-09 vs. Philadelphia Eagles - 3 for 5.

So from the middle of November on, at Giants Stadium Carney kicks for a whopping 5 for 8 or 62.5%. If Reese doesn't resign him - God help us all. :rolleyes:

Here is some more math for you. The Giants had 4 home games from November 16th until the season was over.

11-16-08 vs. Baltimore Ravens - the wind is so strong in Giants stadium that the team can't even start Carney due to his weak leg strenght. Tynes goes 1 for 1.

12-7-08 vs. Philadelphia Eagles - 0 for 1.

12-21-08 vs. Carolina Panthers - 2 for 2.

1-11-09 vs. Philadelphia Eagles - 3 for 5.

So from the middle of November on, at Giants Stadium Carney kicks for a whopping 5 for 8 or 62.5%. If Reese doesn't resign him - God help us all. :rolleyes:

can i save your post for next year when captain hook starts losing the close games we'll be in because

our best Lber plays for Buffalo, our best WR is playing for the Skins, and our new D co-ordinator sitting up in the booth has left our defense passion-less and QBed by an aging little fat man who last hit another player in anger (out of bounds) 3 yrs ago (michael vick)

you can lay the philly loss at john carney's feet if you cannot bear to admit eli had the wost playoff game of his short career

ps- didnt carney have the same 1 out of 3 stat captain hook had in the GB game the year before?

also the pre-announcement that spags was leaving stupified me, if not you

can i save your post for next year when captain hook starts losing the close games we'll be in because

our best Lber plays for Buffalo, our best WR is playing for the Skins, and our new D co-ordinator sitting up in the booth has left our defense passion-less and QBed by an aging little fat man who last hit another player in anger (out of bounds) 3 yrs ago (michael vick)

you can lay the philly loss at john carney's feet if you cannot bear to admit eli had the wost playoff game of his short career

ps- didnt carney have the same 1 out of 3 stat captain hook had in the GB game the year before?

Eli's worst playoff game of his career was his first one against the Carolina Panthers.

Not sure what all that has to do with Carney as a kicker in late season games in the Meadowlands. You can save the post if you would like. I am certainly not endorsing Tynes as our kicker. I don't like him for clutch kicking either, but I do trust the talent scouts on the team, who see these guys everyday, to select the better player. In a perfect world we get a new kicker, although I have no idea who that would be.

Yes Carney missed the same number of kicks in a playoff game as Tynes did. I think of them both in the same light. I don't start a thread glorifying one of them because they had a fantastic 10 games to start the season.

Eli did have a bad game that day as did Gilbride with the play calling, but Carney's missed field goals can't be written off arbitrarily.

Not sure what pre-annoucement you are talking about. That doesn't really stand out to me.

Yeah, Carney was great when the Giants were pasting everyone in the regular season. Then, in the playoffs, when every point mattered, he sucked. :brooding:

God forbid we get a kicker that can drive the ball in bad weather - which is 99% of the time in the Meadowlands in the Winter.

i think we played one playoff game no?

what playoffs

we regressed horribly in the last 5 games but for DerrickWards's unbelievable performance against Carolina

oh yes

HES gone TOO

im afraid knukleheads are leadin the giants back to mediocrity at a phenominal pace

were in a rebuilding phase now

if these rookiws and free agents dont pan our were in deep

nah eli actually was one of the few bright spots in that game......the running game and D were attrocious

10-for-18 for 113yds 0tds 3ints and i believe lost a fumble too

whos that?

The world's clumsiest gunslinger.......who are you talking about?

LOL

that doesnt even make any sense.

you said our best wr is playing for the skins, i want to know who youre referring to.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Eli Manning NYG 10 18 113 0 3 25

yeah, those are real numbers.

lets put it this way.....bighter spots

do you have Tiki's stats for that game

the best player in that game was MLBer Kevin whatshisface who came off the couch in Dec to show us what a stupid move it was replacing journeyman Pierce for him

I remember him pancaking a Panthers RB in that game......he hit him like Dick Butkus

the best player in that game was MLBer Kevin whatshisface who came off the couch in Dec to show us what a stupid move it was replacing journeyman Pierce for him

I remember him pancaking a Panthers RB in that game......he hit him like Dick Butkus

Apparently he didn't hit him hard enough, enroute to that 23 to 0 thumping.

Tiki had 69 all purpose yards and no turnovers. Eli turned the ball over 4 times.

Kevin Lewis wasn't even the best defender in that game.

And how the hell are you gonna sing the praises of one of the linebackers who gave up 210+ rushing yards.

Tiki had 69 all purpose yards and no turnovers. Eli turned the ball over 4 times.

Kevin Lewis wasn't even the best defender in that game.

And how the hell are you gonna sing the praises of one of the linebackers who gave up 210+ rushing yards.

he did? personally

how many did the d line, tim lewis, and the other lbers give up?

I thought football was a team game

Kevin Lewis put one hellacious hit on someone in that game and I can still see it in my minds eye

I love those king of knock the snot out of someone shots

maybe why I dislike Pierce .....he cannnot do those

John Fox posted a player on the cutback to stop Tiki.........Coughlin refused to go to the passing game.....end of story

end of that season in the most ugly of fashions.....and Tiki was right to speak out

Coughlin was a nitwit in that game.......totally out coached