SportsWrath

Mean while

Lughead

NFL notebook: Browns look at receivers Workouts may signal Edwards trade Friday, April 24, 2009 3:07 AM

Every day there's a new slant on the prospects of the Cleveland Browns trading receiver Braylon Edwards trade to the New York Giants. Here's the chronological rundown:

• Browns originally asked for outside linebacker Matthias Kiwanuka. Giants said, "No way."

• Giants offered second- and fifth-round picks plus a choice of receivers Domenik Hixon or Mario Manningham. Browns countered by asking for the picks and receiver Steve Smith. Giants said, "No."

• Browns asked for first- and third-round picks. Giants said "No."

Some media outlets are now reporting the deal is dead.

But consider the following:

• The Browns continue to schedule last-minute workouts with receivers projected to go in the vicinity of the Giants' No. 1 pick, the 29th overall. The latest will occur today, according to The Baltimore Sun, with Darrius Heyward-Bey of Maryland. They also have a workout today with Kenny Britt of Rutgers and previously worked out Georgia's Mohamed Massaquoi.

• Edwards has been conspicuously absent from the Browns' off-season conditioning program.

It may be Braylon being Braylon, or it may be that the Browns don't want him suffering an injury before a trade.

If this is true the deal should of got done. But I believed the Browns asked for Kiwi again at this time as well as the 1 and 3 picks

You know the Giants front office will be on the phone in the morning with the Browns. if the Browns go WR with their first pick I would not be surprised to here at #29 there will be a trade.

I heard Tennessee got in on the action. It was the local sports radio here.

yeah, there was a report sometime during the day that said they had traded him to Tennessee, then it was found out to be untrue. But from what I have been reading, they are in the lead for him right now.

Looks like that whack ass station was wrong. :rolleyes: