SportsWrath

Question for Yankees

Allstarjim

Would it be alright with you guys if you traded Wang to the Marlins or Phillies?

Sincerely,

NY Mets fans

John Maine, Mike Pelfrey, Livan Hernandez, Olive Perez

thats not a typo...its the mets actual rotation after Santana. Mets fans need to worry about their own pitching staff...at least the yankees only have one starter who sucks right now..the mets have 4.

John Maine, Mike Pelfrey, Livan Hernandez, Olive Perez

thats not a typo...its the mets actual rotation after Santana. Mets fans need to worry about their own pitching staff...at least the yankees only have one starter who sucks right now..the mets have 4.

Yeah, Joba's been great! :rolleyes: Ollie has had a good start and a bad start. Ditto with Maine, and Livan has actually been pretty good. Even Pelfrey, suffering from elbow tendinitis who is the one who's really been bad hasn't been as bad as Wang, who has been comically bad. The Mets rotation has been unspectacular through 2, count 'em 2 full turns through, but they are from from "sucking".

And our bullpen thus far has been the best in baseball. How 'bout you guys?

Yeah, Joba's been great! :rolleyes: Ollie has had a good start and a bad start. Ditto with Maine, and Livan has actually been pretty good. Even Pelfrey, suffering from elbow tendinitis who is the one who's really been bad hasn't been as bad as Wang, who has been comically bad. The Mets rotation has been unspectacular through 2, count 'em 2 full turns through, but they are from from "sucking".

And our bullpen thus far has been the best in baseball. How 'bout you guys?

...so, my question to you is.,..what was the point of making this thread when Wang has a better track record than anyone on the mets staff not named Johan. So, Maine, Pelfrey, Oliver and Livan will be fine, but Wang is toast, is this what youre saying? Stick to the Mets forum where nonsense like this is perfectly rational to the fan base.

And the Yankees bullpen is fine. They had 2 bad games, other than that, theyve been very good

Seriously, dude, I know youre just busting balls, but this was really poor....even for a Mets fan.

So with your logic, David Wright should be sent to single A

...so, my question to you is.,..what was the point of making this thread when Wang has a better track record than anyone on the mets staff not named Johan. So, Maine, Pelfrey, Oliver and Livan will be fine, but Wang is toast, is this what youre saying? Stick to the Mets forum where nonsense like this is perfectly rational to the fan base.

And the Yankees bullpen is fine. They had 2 bad games, other than that, theyve been very good

Seriously, dude, I know youre just busting balls, but this was really poor....even for a Mets fan.

So with your logic, David Wright should be sent to single A

Settle down, I was just busting balls because Wang has had two starts in a row that were not just bad, but so horrific it was funny (I'm sure not to Yankees fans.

But seriously, Wang is not God's gift to pitching. His ERA in recent years in similar than those posted by Maine and Perez, and last year, Pelfrey. He's a pretty good pitcher who has won 19 games twice because he's had tremendous offensive support. But I know most Yankees view him as "ace" worthy, which he's not. Like I said, he's pretty good. Sabathia and Burnett are far and away better, and for the record, I think the Yankees will be fine. I imagine they will be going down to wire with Boston and Tampa this year for the division title, and if they get in, and I wouldn't bet against that, they have an excellent chance for the series thanks to the 1-2 punch of Sabathia and Burnett.

I'm also not saying Wang is toast, either. I was just having a little fun with you guys because the Indians put up a football score on you. Sheesh. Sensitive.

Please do not allow AJ to speak for NY METS fans.

I will go on record as saying I would take Wang off your hands, probably not for Pelfrey whom I think is going to be a very consistent pitcher, but for Perez and Maine and obviously lard ass Livan.

This does not diminish anything Maine has done as I think he too will be ok, but I would trade Perez for Wang, Perez would probably win 20 games with the Yankees as he enjoys pitching in the spotlight.

So in a nutshell, this type of behavior is not tolerated in the Mets section and this does not speak for the entire fanbase. Although many Yankee fans also wear the blinders and act like it was last year they last won a world title and not 9 years ago, this is not the norm.

Settle down, I was just busting balls because Wang has had two starts in a row that were not just bad, but so horrific it was funny (I'm sure not to Yankees fans.

But seriously, Wang is not God's gift to pitching. His ERA in recent years in similar than those posted by Maine and Perez, and last year, Pelfrey. He's a pretty good pitcher who has won 19 games twice because he's had tremendous offensive support. But I know most Yankees view him as "ace" worthy, which he's not. Like I said, he's pretty good. Sabathia and Burnett are far and away better, and for the record, I think the Yankees will be fine. I imagine they will be going down to wire with Boston and Tampa this year for the division title, and if they get in, and I wouldn't bet against that, they have an excellent chance for the series thanks to the 1-2 punch of Sabathia and Burnett.

I'm also not saying Wang is toast, either. I was just having a little fun with you guys because the Indians put up a football score on you. Sheesh. Sensitive.

200+ IP, an era around 3.50, an ERA+ of 115 and a whip of 1.30 is not the line if a pitcher who needs a lot of run support to win games. Nobody thinks Wang is an ace...he was the ace of the yankees staff, but he was never a proverbial ace like CC, Johan, Halladay ect..I dont think any yankee fans would tell you that he is/was...if so, then theyre wrong.

Please do not allow AJ to speak for NY METS fans.

I will go on record as saying I would take Wang off your hands, probably not for Pelfrey whom I think is going to be a very consistent pitcher, but for Perez and Maine and obviously lard ass Livan.

This does not diminish anything Maine has done as I think he too will be ok, but I would trade Perez for Wang, Perez would probably win 20 games with the Yankees as he enjoys pitching in the spotlight.

So in a nutshell, this type of behavior is not tolerated in the Mets section and this does not speak for the entire fanbase. Although many Yankee fans also wear the blinders and act like it was last year they last won a world title and not 9 years ago, this is not the norm.

What type of behavior would that be, xxi? I never claimed to speak for the entire Mets fanbase. I only speak for myself, and I was only having a little fun.

For the record, I, like I'm sure many of you, have many Yankee friends that do feel Wang is an ace and have told me as much on numerous occasions, but that is neither here nor there.

Hugh, his career low ERA is 3.63, and his last two years were 4.07 and 3.70. I like Wang, just having fun. I think he has gotten a lot of wins (19, twice) thanks in part to him being pretty good, but also because of excellence from his hitters and bullpen.

What type of behavior would that be, xxi? I never claimed to speak for the entire Mets fanbase. I only speak for myself, and I was only having a little fun.

For the record, I, like I'm sure many of you, have many Yankee friends that do feel Wang is an ace and have told me as much on numerous occasions, but that is neither here nor there.

Hugh, his career low ERA is 3.63, and his last two years were 4.07 and 3.70. I like Wang, just having fun. I think he has gotten a lot of wins (19, twice) thanks in part to him being pretty good, but also because of excellence from his hitters and bullpen.

Ummm... you really want me to point this out??? You said "Sincerly NY METS FANS" at the end of your thread.

Sure sounds like you were speaking for more than just yourself with the word "FANS" :confused:

Ummm... you really want me to point this out??? You said "Sincerly NY METS FANS" at the end of your thread.

Sure sounds like you were speaking for more than just yourself with the word "FANS" :confused:

It was written in a playful, clearly facetious tone.

I could see how YOU would be confused, though, that's why I only addressed it to Yankees fans.

It's okay, Jimbo! You can come over here and bust grapes any time you want. Just remember it in Oct. when we're making quick work of the Phillies in the WS. :clap:

Thanks man, I think! :P The way we're playing it definitely won't be us. But I think the Marlins will have something to say about the Phillies going to the playoffs this year, and my early NL pick for the Series is the Cubbies.

Thanks man, I think! :P The way we're playing it definitely won't be us. But I think the Marlins will have something to say about the Phillies going to the playoffs this year, and my early NL pick for the Series is the Cubbies.

I still have to go with the Mets vs Phillies. I have more faith in your starters than what they shown, especially Pelfry and Ollie, though Ollie needs a good ass kicking. Hernandez is a #5, but he should do a lot better. Maine? I haven't seen enough of him yet.