SportsWrath

starting WRs

Mr. P

so now that we know burress is gone i thought id ask opinions on what our WR's starters and depthchart will look like next year.

in my opinion its looking more like we arent going to make a trade for someone so i think it will be:

hixon

smith

manningham

draftpick(nicks,britt,robiskie, or even maybe barden)

moss

tyree

if we do end up trading for edwards or boldin i think it will be

edwards(or maybe boldin)

smith

hixon

manningham

moss

tyree

maybe a mid to late round draft pick in there somewhere

what do yall think?

so now that we know burress is gone i thought id ask opinions on what our WR's starters and depthchart will look like next year.

in my opinion its looking more like we arent going to make a trade for someone so i think it will be:

hixon

smith

manningham

draftpick(nicks,britt,robiskie, or even maybe barden)

moss

tyree

if we do end up trading for edwards or boldin i think it will be

edwards(or maybe boldin)

smith

hixon

manningham

moss

tyree

maybe a mid to late round draft pick in there somewhere

what do yall think?

what a tragedy it is that Moss will be on this team yet again next year because we lost 2 receivers and have a third that is basically a special teamer. I said it before the season - everyone was bragging about how deep we were at wideout. I never saw it and now of course with Plax gone, our roster looks weak as hell at that spot.... anyways....

I say trade both second round picks (and a first from next year) if thats what it takes to land Boldin. Use our first THIS YEAR to draft Kenny Britt or Hakeen Nicks. Then we end up adding 2 wide receivers to our roster while still having picks 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 to work with.

what a tragedy it is that Moss will be on this team yet again next year because we lost 2 receivers and have a third that is basically a special teamer. I said it before the season - everyone was bragging about how deep we were at wideout. I never saw it and now of course with Plax gone, our roster looks weak as hell at that spot.... anyways....

I say trade both second round picks (and a first from next year) if thats what it takes to land Boldin. Use our first THIS YEAR to draft Kenny Britt or Hakeen Nicks. Then we end up adding 2 wide receivers to our roster while still having picks 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 to work with.

I definately don't see it as that bad. Yeah we need a real number one, but so do a lot of teams. The rest of the wr depth is solid in their respective roles, with the exception of Moss and Manningham (who we haven't seen enough of yet).

I like Britt's size, but I think the Giants need to do whatever they can to acquire Boldin or Edwards, depending on which one is available. It's extremely rare to see a rookie wide receiver come in and make consistent contributions on a weekly basis. Considering that Smith, Hixon, Manningham, and Moss are already on the roster and still have some things to learn, a reliable veteran at the position appears to be a necessity. Obviously this hinges entirely on what Arizona and Cleveland plan on doing so drafting a receiver might be the only legitimate way to try and strengthen the position.

I definately don't see it as that bad. Yeah we need a real number one, but so do a lot of teams. The rest of the wr depth is solid in their respective roles, with the exception of Moss and Manningham (who we haven't seen enough of yet).
We have seen enough of Moss the Loss to know that he would be an effective wide receiver in a football league composed of midgets. Cut him and use the saved money to sign an effective wr.

you think he would be a starter as a rookie?

how would your depth chart look?

No I don't think he would start. At least not to start with. My depth chart would be the same as yours except I'd swap Manningham to the #4 spot and move the draft pick to #3.

I just hope that whichever receiver they take, and you know they are taking one on the first day, that this one breaks the trend of rookie receivers coming into camp and then getting injured and missing out on important training.

I like Smith as our #2 a lot. Has shown to be a great possession receiver finding open space, but isn't the long ball guy.

I like Hixon as our #3 a lot. Seems like he'd be good working as a slot receiver.

Manningham, Moss, Tyree - none are #1 guys this year. As for Moss and Tyree, I don't see them ever being #1 guys. Manningham, it's only been 1 year. He gets a pass.

Without a doubt, I think we have to look at Boldin or Edwards.

Without a doubt, I think if we draft a WR in the 1st round, the writing is on the wall for Moss.