SportsWrath

NFL Votes to Limit celebrations

Virginia Giant

aside from the celebration rules (which, to let you guys know, the good ones like spikes and Lambeau leaps are still allowed, just not the bullshit MTV style celebrations), this meeting was a complete success...I mean, who wants 8-8 teams in the playoffs? And I'm tired of getting screwed by down by contact rules.

aside from the celebration rules (which, to let you guys know, the good ones like spikes and Lambeau leaps are still allowed, just not the bullshit MTV style celebrations), this meeting was a complete success...I mean, who wants 8-8 teams in the playoffs? And I'm tired of getting screwed by down by contact rules.
Agreed, does it really matter that WRs will only be able to make asses of themselves (instead of complete asses)? The down by contact challenge rule will be pivital in many, many games and no playoff expansion is a very good thing. The postseason is for the best of the best.

:TU:

Yeah, stuff like those 2 are still allowed, but now a player cannot touch the ground during a celebration (no more Steve Smith snow angel or Chad Johnson CPR)), and cannot use props (no more Chad Johnson putting). Things that are still allowed? TO dissing opposing teams like the Ray Ray dance. I was never a big fan of celebrations, but guys like Chad Johnson did it out of fun, not to diss the other team. The NFL just went another step to take the fun out of the game while allowing TO to diss the other team.

The playoff thing I agree with you about. The DBC rule should be huge, and I'm in favor of that.

Yeah, stuff like those 2 are still allowed, but now a player cannot touch the ground during a celebration (no more Steve Smith snow angel or Chad Johnson CPR)), and cannot use props (no more Chad Johnson putting). Things that are still allowed? TO dissing opposing teams like the Ray Ray dance. I was never a big fan of celebrations, but guys like Chad Johnson did it out of fun, not to diss the other team. The NFL just went another step to take the fun out of the game while allowing TO to diss the other team.

The playoff thing I agree with you about. The DBC rule should be huge, and I'm in favor of that.

it's subjective though...I would feel dissed and I'd hope the Giants would too if Chad Johnsons did CPR against the Giants...