SportsWrath

Too early to bitch, but...

Ditto

LINING 'EM UP: Girardi has played with several potential combinations for the middle of the Yankees' batting order, but is leaning toward using Mark Teixeira in the No. 3 hole and A-Rod in the cleanup spot.

I don't know what Joe's thinking is, but batting Arod 3rd is a good op to take the pressure off him. Besides, he's a better base runner, and I believe, has a higher OBP.

I don't know what Joe's thinking is, but batting Arod 3rd is a good op to take the pressure off him. Besides, he's a better base runner, and I believe, has a higher OBP.

It's kind of a dilemna for Joe. Arod in 3rd would give him better pitches to hit because Tex is on deck. Arod might have a bad year because of all the bad publicity he's getting as well as the crowd crap he's gonna face this year, so batting 3rd would help him out. On the other hand, if Tex bats 3rd then he'd see better pitches and being a switch hitter it allows a righty, lefty, righty in the 2,3,4 spots in the lineup which can really screw up some pitchers.

My bet is Joe will experiment throughout the early season to find the best fit. Other teams would love to have this problem.