SportsWrath

Remember when....

sorry, I should have checked to make sure it wasn't posted yet.

Anyway, like i said in my thread, if there was a perfect fit for him to get his groove back, playing in Rangers Park and being coached by Rudy is a pretty good fit. Plus if he does get back on track, it's be Jones in center,m Hamilton in RF and Murphy in LF. That's a pretty good defensive of with Nelson cruz and marlon Byrd on the bench. But i think this means Byrd gets traded, maybe Blalcok too with Cruz moving to DH.

sorry, I should have checked to make sure it wasn't posted yet.

Anyway, like i said in my thread, if there was a perfect fit for him to get his groove back, playing in Rangers Park and being coached by Rudy is a pretty good fit. Plus if he does get back on track, it's be Jones in center,m Hamilton in RF and Murphy in LF. That's a pretty good defensive of with Nelson cruz and marlon Byrd on the bench. But i think this means Byrd gets traded, maybe Blalcok too with Cruz moving to DH.

When did he just drop off the face of the baseball world? He was still being praised a couple years ago? Has he been hurt?

Hahaha..he's probably on that list of 104 players that just came out.

It would not surprise me. He really has not been that great of a hitter. He only eclipsed .300 once in his career and is a .259 life time hitter. He also strikes out a lot but had 51 homers in 05 and 41 in 06 but it was all downhill from there. He is just now a fat and lazy form of his past self.

Hehe, a minor league contract. Y'know how veterans take minor leaguers out to eat? Where would Andruw take them? Somewhere with bibs?

Thats the Rangers new thing, they sign everyone to a minor league contract. I know they have signed at least 10 veterans to minor league deals with invitations.

Thats the Rangers new thing, they sign everyone to a minor league contract. I know they have signed at least 10 veterans to minor league deals with invitations.

Hey, if the veteran is generous, hard-working, and accepts his role with grace then more power to the practice. Sucks about Sheets by the way. I would've loved to see him in Texas.

Hey, if the veteran is generous, hard-working, and accepts his role with grace then more power to the practice. Sucks about Sheets by the way. I would've loved to see him in Texas.

Yeah, but I don't thinbk we're through with Sheets. I'd bet money that we sign him to a 2 year deal still, let him rehab this year and see what he has next year. I've beenb hearing for 2 or 3 years that 2010 will be the Rangers coming out party, so we'll see.

The minor league contracts have worked pretty well, Ponson I believe was signed yto a minor league deal, ajnd he was pitchihg well before the old Sidney personality came back. A few others have worked out well for us, a few didn't, but the good thing with it is we aren't out much if they don't work out well. I'm just surprised so many people agree to the minor league deals.