SportsWrath

Opening Day

torn084

opening day september 7, 2006, miami dolphins will take on the pittsburgh steelrs in heinz field. i am so hyped for this game. culpeppers first victim will be the reigning champs. what better way to b welcomed to a new team? plus, thanksgiving vs. lions. we already have more games planned for tv here than last year (4 this year, 3 last year). gonna b so amazing

Guest Carbo

Dude, if you think the Dolphins are headed for a banner year, pass on the joint when it comes your way again. And with Daunte Culpepper at the helm, you are in for alot of disappointment this season. He couldn't get it done in Minny, and he was healthly then. At least he had good wheels. Now, with a bionic knee, the most important part of his game is down the drain. The best you can hope for is a complete collapse and a good draft pick next year.

On the other hand, it could be fun watching Daunte and Ricky hangin' together in Miami. But who will pilot the boat if one is too stoned, and the other is gettin' a lap dance from some illegal alien who they just picked up off an inner tube??

Guest nosebleed
Dude, if you think the Dolphins are headed for a banner year, pass on the joint when it comes your way again. And with Daunte Culpepper at the helm, you are in for alot of disappointment this season. He couldn't get it done in Minny, and he was healthly then. At least he had good wheels. Now, with a bionic knee, the most important part of his game is down the drain. The best you can hope for is a complete collapse and a good draft pick next year.

On the other hand, it could be fun watching Daunte and Ricky hangin' together in Miami. But who will pilot the boat if one is too stoned, and the other is gettin' a lap dance from some illegal alien who they just picked up off an inner tube??

:LMAO:

Funny, cause it is so true.

opening day september 7, 2006, miami dolphins will take on the pittsburgh steelrs in heinz field. i am so hyped for this game. culpeppers first victim will be the reigning champs. what better way to b welcomed to a new team? plus, thanksgiving vs. lions. we already have more games planned for tv here than last year (4 this year, 3 last year). gonna b so amazing

Best of luck :TU:

Guest Nutty Sack
Because TO White and TO Lite are hangin' in Miami?

Don't forget the Pillsbury Doughboy is down there too !!

This opening day will be highly awaited, but I don't want to start with the Colts. Perhaps you've forgotten exactly how good they are and we're starting a new D (basically).

It will be a good test, but if we lose, the Frighteningly Dopey Foursome will be in full effect. Even if we end up on top of our division and a better showing in the post season, with an early loss, it will be fodder for the foolish.

Guest Carbo
Fins have a solid team this year. They finished strong last year and that was without a QB. Even if Culpepper isn't ready, they're still arguably a 9-7 team at worst.
What helps that pathetic team is a cakewalk of a schedule this year. Getting to play the other teams in the AFC East twice each is a pleasure.

What helps that pathetic team is a cakewalk of a schedule this year. Getting to play the other teams in the AFC East twice each is a pleasure.

Make up your mind. Are they going 8-8 or will they have a winning record inflated by a soft schedule?

Either way you can't argue with the facts ... they finished last season on a 6 game winning streak which included wins at San Diego and versus New England. The San Diego win effectively knocked the Chargers from playoff contention so it was hardly a case of playing a team with nothing to play for. In fact, it was the Chargers, who were playing the opponent that had no playoff hopes yet they still lost ... at home. Miami has an excellent coach in Nick Saban. I wouldn't count them out of the AFC mix but that's just me.

Guest Carbo
. . .Miami has an excellent coach in Nick Saban. I wouldn't count them out of the AFC mix but that's just me.
Yeah, Nick Saban. He needs, what, 12 more wins to pass Don Shula, right? :rolleyes: I think it's a bit premature to crown Nick Saban as the greatest thing since canned beer.

And yes, it's just you.

They have a very capable offense especially if Ricky wins his appeal. Brown will only get better, Ricky seems to be starting to return to old form, and I can't name anyone or for that matter anything that could've stopped Chris Chambers down the stretch last year.

I wouldn't bet that Daunte does good immediately. Still returning from injury, in new system. I do think it's a great move by the Fins though.

I really dont get it. Culpepper, in 2004 was the runner up only to Peyton Manning in the MVP balloting...the next year he's hurt for half a season, has some sex on a party boat, and complains because the Vikings have been treating him like shit and all of a sudden he's the scape goat for an entire team and he's such a bad player that they trade him. I think the Dolphins screwed the Vikes in this case.

Guest Carbo
They have a very capable offense especially if Ricky wins his appeal. Brown will only get better, Ricky seems to be starting to return to old form, and I can't name anyone or for that matter anything that could've stopped Chris Chambers down the stretch last year.

I wouldn't bet that Daunte does good immediately. Still returning from injury, in new system. I do think it's a great move by the Fins though.

Ricky Williams is a has-been who never was. If the Dolphins season is even partially dependent upon that acid dropping, tie-dye wearing, Maharishi worshipping dolt, they are worse off than even I suspected!

Ricky Williams is a has-been who never was. If the Dolphins season is even partially dependent upon that acid dropping, tie-dye wearing, Maharishi worshipping dolt, they are worse off than even I suspected!

The one that ran for like 500 yards in the last month of the year combined with an extremely talented back in Brown? Yeah, great logic there.