SportsWrath

One Giant

Lughead

From Rotoworld:

NYG.gifNew York GiantsNew York Giants Tickets NamePOSStatusDateInjuryReturns

Sinorice MossWROutDec 15calfStatus Uncertain

Latest News:

Sinorice Moss strained his calf in the Giants' Sunday night loss to Dallas. He left at some point in the second half and didn't return. Moss' loss wasn't noticeable because he didn't make any catches. He has just 10 all year.

Ahmad BradshawRBProbableDec 12neck

Latest News:

Ahmad Bradshaw rushed three times for eight yards and caught one pass for 16 yards in Week 15. "Fire" was contained by the Cowboys run defense on his infrequent touches, a surprisingly small number considering the apparent opportunity with Brandon Jacobs out. Bradshaw is expected to return to his third-string role next week.

Fred RobbinsDLQuestionableDec 12shoulder

Latest News:

Aaron RossDBProbableDec 12ankle

Latest News:

Justin TuckDLProbableDec 12lower leg

Latest News:

Domenik HixonWRQuestionableDec 11footGame-time decision

Latest News:

Domenik Hixon had 60 yards on six receptions in Week 15. Late grabs made Hixon's final numbers respectable, but Cowboys CB Terence Newman got the better of him. The foot injuries did not appear to bother him, but Hixon again had issues on another potential scoring play. Hixon had 10 passes thrown his way, his third straight week with at least nine targets, so he is getting chances to produce.

Brandon JacobsRBOutDec 10kneeReturn Week 16

Latest News:

Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Monday that Brandon Jacobs (knees) is uncertain to practice on Wednesday. "We'll have to see how he feels and how the medical people feel about his progress," Coughlin said. NBC's Andrea Kremer reported late Sunday that the Giants plan for Jacobs to play in Week 16 against the red-hot Panthers.

Sammy KnightDBI.R.Nov 29hipOut for season

Latest News:

Giants placed S Sammy Knight on injured reserve due to a condition in his hip, ending his season. One of GM Jerry Reese's rare mistakes, Knight was a predictable free agent bust, getting a $1.25 million signing bonus to do very little. He finishes the year with 13 tackles and won't be back with the Giants again.

Plaxico BurressWRI.R.Nov 28hamstringOut for season

Latest News:

The NFLPA is claiming that the Giants did not pay a $1 million bouns owed to Plaxico Burress a $1 million bonus on Wednesday. The money was part of Plax's deferred $4.25 million signing bonus from the new deal he signed in September. This is separate from the grievance the Players Association filed to challenge the Giants' suspension of Burress. It's unclear how the team will argue that forgoing payment on the $1M was OK.

Jonathan GoffLBOutNov 28hamstring

Latest News:

David TyreeWRI.R.Nov 5kneeOut for season

Latest News:

Giants placed WR David Tyree on injured reserve, ending his season. According to coach Tom Coughlin, the Giants feel like Tyree is "still a ways away" from being ready to play with hamstring and knee injuries. The Super Bowl hero may have played his last game as a member of the Giants.

Anthony WrightQBI.R.Sep 4backOut for season

Latest News:

Giants placed QB Anthony Wright (back) on injured reserve, ending his season. It was originally reported that Wright was released, but he'll likely seek an injury settlement when he gets healthy.

Guy WhimperT I.R.Sep 4footOut for season

Latest News:

Giants placed T Guy Whimper (foot) on injured reserve, ending his season. He broke his foot in New York's exhibition finale. Whimper is still a "project" after two years and seems unlikely to ever evolve into a starter.

Craig DahlDBI.R.Sep 4knee surgeryOut for season

Latest News:

Giants S Craig Dahl tore his ACL in the team's third preseason game. He will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season. This isn't the same ACL that ended Dahl's 2007 campaign, but it's damaging to his career. Dahl got a Super Bowl ring with New York last year.

Osi UmenyioraDLI.R.Sep 4knee surgeryOut for season

Latest News:

Giants DE Osi Umenyiora says he's ahead of schedule in his return from knee surgery and could have been ready to play by the end of the season. Even without Umenyiora, the Giants are leading the NFL with 26 sacks. He's ineligible to return this season, but Umenyiora's progress bodes well for 2009.

Kay-Jay HarrisRBI.R.Sep 4footOut for season

Latest News:

Giants waived/injured RB Kay-Jay Harris. Harris suffered a serious ankle injury in New York's second game of the preseason. The Giants are left with five tailbacks on their roster.

Robert HendersonDLI.R.Sep 4ankleOut for season

Latest News:

Giants waived/injured DE Robert Henderson (ankle). He was their sixth-round pick this year. The Giants' ends this season will be Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, Dave Tollefson, and Renaldo Wynn.

also on a Panthers SITE they say roto world say's this

Giants' Brandon Jacobs Watch, Day 1

IMG_0764_tiny.JPG by LittleKing on Dec 15, 2008 1:50 PM EST

Our next game against the Giants this week should be a good game. I know the last two weeks they've looked shaky, dropping two games, but I don't at all feel comfortable predicting a win. Don't get me wrong I know the Panthers are capable of a win but the G-men are a formidable foe.

Of course we know Plaxico Burress is out, I won't rehash the story. But Brandon Jacobs is another story, if he's out again, that changes things dramatically for the Giants offense.

So here's the first update of the week, from Rotoworld.com:

NBC's Andrea Kremer reports that the Giants' "tentative plan" is for Brandon Jacobs (knees) to play in Week 16 against Carolina.

However, Kremer says Jacobs has a partially torn PCL in his left knee and a mild MCL strain in his right. In an "ideal world," the Giants would reportedly shut him down for Weeks 16-17. But with Carolina breathing down their neck for the No. 1 seed in the NFC, it appears the Giants will push Jacobs to play. Keep an eye on whether he makes it through practice next week.
Dec. 14 - 10:47 pm et

I knew he was hurt. His running style wasn't the same the two games (at least) prior to him sitting.

I think it would be a huge mistake if they push him right now. We can win one of these next two games without him, and that's what we should try to do.

I knew he was hurt. His running style wasn't the same the two games (at least) prior to him sitting.

I think it would be a huge mistake if they push him right now. We can win one of these next two games without him, and that's what we should try to do.

No question about it.