SportsWrath

JJ Putz coming to the Mets?!

Allstarjim

Well, if this happens, then the Mets have addressed their bullpen issues in a BIG WAY. Of course we will not be done, but having Putz being the bridge to K-Rod? Can't get much better than that. The story says that the Mets would give up Joe Smith, and Aaron Heilman is also believed to be in the deal. If Heilman is leaving, WHAT IS THE DOWNSIDE?

Retrieved from Mets.com:

Three-way deal could send Putz to Mets

Mariners and Indians also involved in trade talks

By Anthony Castrovince / MLB.com

print this pagee-mail this pagepost on facebookfan comments (32)

LAS VEGAS -- The Mets, Mariners and Indians appear to be on the verge of a three-team deal in which J.J. Putz would go to New York as the setup man to the newly acquired Francisco Rodriguez.

The particulars of the deal were still being worked out Wednesday night at the Bellagio, but MLB.com learned that if the deal goes through, the Mariners would receive Indians outfielder Franklin Gutierrez and the Indians would receive Mets right-handed reliever Joe Smith and Mariners infielder Luis Valbuena.

Mets right-hander Aaron Heilman and Mariners outfielder Jeremy Reed are also believed to be involved, though it was unclear who would be headed where.

Our Bats are fine... Maybe we can add at least 1 more Bat.....But We need starting pitching dude if we add a Bat id like to add Pat Burrell

I would gladly take Burrell. I don't think the bats are fine. Some of the guys have put up some very nice numbers, but they don't get it done when it counts.

We do need a starting pitcher, and my fear is that our big free agent Sp signing will be Oliver Perez. <_<