SportsWrath

I find this shocking.

Virginia Giant

Giants at Redskins, 1 p.m.

The Redskins have struggled to stop teams in the red zone, where they have the fourth-worst defense and second-worst pass defense in the league. But the Giants, who have the best offense in the league, rank only 10th in the NFL inside the red zone.

The Giants and Redskins rank second and third in the NFL in adjusted line yards. However, there's a big difference when it comes time to get the really tough yardage: The Redskins lead the league in converting 82 percent of power runs (third/fourth down or goal line, 1-2 yards to go), while the Giants rank 21st at 64 percent.

I guess you find the redskins stat shocking because

if you've been watching giants games, that looks about right.

I have a terribly memory, and i guess I just assumed. i remember the Steelers game, and I remember how bad were were then, (even though as Golf pointed out, Jacobs was in).

I guess I never really noticed we weren't getting in all that well.

The stat I would love to see is the 3rd and 3-6 conversion rate. Normally(at least if you want to count goal line situations as this one does) a failure can still lead to points. Many times drives and particularly ones that end in scores are made through the important 3rd and ,3,4,5,6 conversion.

Me too...the camera angle from the right side showed the ball was over the line.

Fuck that the overhead camera angle clearly showed it over the line.

But that is what makes this team so great. So many times the Giants have been screwed on those kind of calls and the team as a whole got dejected and played down. No more.

I have a terribly memory, and i guess I just assumed. i remember the Steelers game, and I remember how bad were were then, (even though as Golf pointed out, Jacobs was in).

I guess I never really noticed we weren't getting in all that well.

i think the problem comes down to 2 reasons:

1) we still think we can complete the fade

2) ego- instead of creating some deception, we feel we can bring in 2 tight ends and tell everyone what we're doing, and still score.