SportsWrath

Tommy Polley

BigPete

It is very interesting that Tommy Polley has been noticibly quiet.

The Giants have to be one of the most attractive options left for him

Ernie Accorsi is going to continue to try and resolve the situation as soon as possible.

I would imagine Tommy Polley will have visited New York within a week (barring some major development in the meantime)

If Arrington goes elsewhere, I would make polley the odds on favorite to be signed as a short-term solution at WLB. He's a decent WLB, but he is too flawed of a player to invest in long-term.

The dark horse in this situation is Nick Greisen. If he can't find starter's money, he could always come back here at a good price to back-up AP and compete with a rookie for the starting WLB spot.

In any case, no Lavar = first-day WLB. And I'd prefer not to start Emmons at WLB.

If Arrington goes elsewhere, I would make polley the odds on favorite to be signed as a short-term solution at WLB. He's a decent WLB, but he is too flawed of a player to invest in long-term.

The dark horse in this situation is Nick Greisen. If he can't find starter's money, he could always come back here at a good price to back-up AP and compete with a rookie for the starting WLB spot.

In any case, no Lavar = first-day WLB. And I'd prefer not to start Emmons at WLB.

yeah I guess that they could start Torbor at the SLB and Emmons at the WLB, in that case I say :TD:

Am I the only one who is thinking that we are in need of both a free agent linebacker AND a day 1 draft pick linebacker?

I think if we pick up a free agent linebacker, then we'll go DT in the first and LB in the second. If we don't get that free agent linebacker, then we'll go LB in the first and DT in the second. Of course, the caliber of the free agent linebacker could come into play as well. For example, if we re-sign Greisen, then we could still go LB in the first.

Am I the only one who is thinking that we are in need of both a free agent linebacker AND a day 1 draft pick linebacker?

I think if we pick up a free agent linebacker, then we'll go DT in the first and LB in the second. If we don't get that free agent linebacker, then we'll go LB in the first and DT in the second. Of course, the caliber of the free agent linebacker could come into play as well. For example, if we re-sign Greisen, then we could still go LB in the first.

I agree with you that the Giants will draft a linebacker with their first pick, and DT with the second pick.

Echoing Money's thoughts, Polley is a limited player. He washed out in St Louis in a scheme where he should've been able to flourish. He did play some good ball down the stretch for the Ravens last year though so maybe he's "figured" it out. He's a better option at WLB than anything we've got but that being said, he's still, at best, a B- player.