SportsWrath

FAB 4's risky proposal to the Giants.

Guest Lockhart

Guest Carbo
Wanna bet on it?
Sounds like you have some insider information. What do you know that we don't? Did he go to the Manning family football camp in New Orleans? Did he win the NFL Punt, Pass, and Kick contest? Is Eli on steroids, a hulking madman, waiting to devour the competition?

Sounds like you have some insider information. What do you know that we don't? Did he go to the Manning family football camp in New Orleans? Did he win the NFL Punt, Pass, and Kick contest? Is Eli on steroids, a hulking madman, waiting to devour the competition?

Say what?

Guest Lockhart

Once again the FAB 4 proven right - this from ESPN NFL INSIDER:

Walker plotting departure

<Mar. 23> The Packers opened their offseason workout program this week, but Walker was missing in action, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. The wide receiver has reportedly ired a real-estate agent and will have his Green Bay home up for sale very soon.

Walker has made it clear that he has no desire to ever play another game for Green Bay. Even if the Packers were to offer Walker a lucrative contract, he would not consider returning.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," Walker told ESPN.com's Michael Smith. "I don't have to play. I really have no interest in being in a Green Bay Packers uniform or playing for Green Bay again."

The Packers have expressed disappointment with Walker's stance and have thus far denied his request for a trade. The club issued a statement that read, in part:

"During his time as a Green Bay Packer, Javon Walker has been well thought of by everyone here. I like Javon, certainly as a person and as a player. That said, Javon is under contract ... and we expect him to honor it ... I don't anticipate us making any concessions in this matter."

Walker is entering the final year of a five-year, $6.7 million contract. He underwent reconstructive knee surgery Oct. 7 in Houston to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament and torn meniscus cartilage.

Because Walker is damaged goods, the Packers might be fortunate to get even a mid- to late-round pick in return. However, his base salary of $650,000 would be attractive for any team.

I applaud you for finally providing a link to support your argument. I'd caution you against taking ESPN Insider as gospel though. It's a rumor mill moreso than a reference. I can't believe they've got the stones to charge for that trash as it's hardly informative.

Guest Lockhart

Cap withstanding I might suggest a Plaxico for Javon plus a 7th. Watching Plaxico trot his patterns last year, Javon can do that now. Then the Giants can draft a speed guy and have a great receiving corps and one less cancer-boy in Miami.

Walker plotting departure

<Mar. 23> The Packers opened their offseason workout program this week, but Walker was missing in action, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. The wide receiver has reportedly ired a real-estate agent and will have his Green Bay home up for sale very soon.

Walker has made it clear that he has no desire to ever play another game for Green Bay. Even if the Packers were to offer Walker a lucrative contract, he would not consider returning.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," Walker told ESPN.com's Michael Smith. "I don't have to play. I really have no interest in being in a Green Bay Packers uniform or playing for Green Bay again."

The Packers have expressed disappointment with Walker's stance and have thus far denied his request for a trade. The club issued a statement that read, in part:

"During his time as a Green Bay Packer, Javon Walker has been well thought of by everyone here. I like Javon, certainly as a person and as a player. That said, Javon is under contract ... and we expect him to honor it ... I don't anticipate us making any concessions in this matter."

Walker is entering the final year of a five-year, $6.7 million contract. He underwent reconstructive knee surgery Oct. 7 in Houston to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament and torn meniscus cartilage.

Because Walker is damaged goods, the Packers might be fortunate to get even a mid- to late-round pick in return. However, his base salary of $650,000 would be attractive for any team.

By the way...When you posted this you didnt tell us anything we didnt already know......Only thing you did was put a Giants spin on a old story

Guest Lockhart
I applaud you for finally providing a link to support your argument. I'd caution you against taking ESPN Insider as gospel though. It's a rumor mill moreso than a reference. I can't believe they've got the stones to charge for that trash as it's hardly informative.

Actually ESPN INSIDER checks all their stories with the FAB 4 before posting on their site.

Actually ESPN INSIDER checks all their stories with the FAB 4 before posting on their site.

That does your reputation more harm than good. But you knew that.