SportsWrath

POWER RANKINGS

jerseygiantfan

I take it back; the Jags looked awesome in their loss to the powerhouse Titans. Clearly they deserve to be ranked well above us.

very predictable...and the dog is sure you agree that judging a team after week 1 is truely the best gauge, as teams never come back from losing week 1 to go to the playoffs, or even win a super bowl...never happens...ever....

anyhow, the dog assumes you would also suggest that the colts should drop below, and the falcons should sjyrocket to the top of the list...it would only be fair...

very predictable...and the dog is sure you agree that judging a team after week 1 is truely the best gauge, as teams never come back from losing week 1 to go to the playoffs, or even win a super bowl...never happens...ever....

anyhow, the dog assumes you would also suggest that the colts should drop below, and the falcons should sjyrocket to the top of the list...it would only be fair...

FALCONS....2008-09 SB CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I'd suggest once again that they shouldn't be ranked above us until they prove themselves.

the dog has no problem giving the giants a compliment (not sure why the insecurity to need everyone to always compliment them, but anyway, that is more for your own soul searching...)...all the dog said was that the jaguars are a legitimate team, and to automatically dismiss the rankings because they are ahead of the giants is silly...but then again, so are rankings, but everyone seems to get in a tizzy about it here, so...

Actually all of us here look at the ranking and.. "for entertainment purposes only". No insecurity on our part.. we're the world champs.. we stomped the best of the best... in their own back yard.. beginning with Tampa.. to Dallas.. "Aw shit".. to the frozen bay... What we find amazing time and again is how there's a collective cock-sucking agreement towards certain teams.. dare I say.. the cowboys?

Actually all of us here look at the ranking and.. "for entertainment purposes only". No insecurity on our part.. we're the world champs.. we stomped the best of the best... in their own back yard.. beginning with Tampa.. to Dallas.. "Aw shit".. to the frozen bay... What we find amazing time and again is how there's a collective cock-sucking agreement towards certain teams.. dare I say.. the cowboys?

but then, surely you know that such rankings are based on information pertaining to that particular season...the concept that last year's champion should automatically be ranked ahead of every other team doesn't make sense unless it is believed in the eyes of those developing the silly rankings that last year's champion is the best team starting the year off...like it or not, while people may recognize that what the giants did was amazing last year during that run, the fact is, many do not feel that overall they are the best team in football currently...not right or wrong, just the fact of the matter...it is why rankings are silly, especially at this time of year...

as for it being entertaining, the dog agrees. it's just that, each week people seem to fume over the updated rankings, and whine about a lack of respect, when the reality is, the rankings are the compilation of one individual putting their own spin where they think teams should be based on an arbitrary system that the individual came up with...

but then, surely you know that such rankings are based on information pertaining to that particular season...the concept that last year's champion should automatically be ranked ahead of every other team doesn't make sense unless it is believed in the eyes of those developing the silly rankings that last year's champion is the best team starting the year off...like it or not, while people may recognize that what the giants did was amazing last year during that run, the fact is, many do not feel that overall they are the best team in football currently...not right or wrong, just the fact of the matter...it is why rankings are silly, especially at this time of year...

as for it being entertaining, the dog agrees. it's just that, each week people seem to fume over the updated rankings, and whine about a lack of respect, when the reality is, the rankings are the compilation of one individual putting their own spin where they think teams should be based on an arbitrary system that the individual came up with...

I respect your take... You will be hard pressed to find many here who think the Giants should be ranked #1. I know defense wins championships.. and ours is easily in the top 3.. as a matter of fact, I can't think of a team that has better defense than us right now... We lost Stra and Osi but we have Kiwi and Tuck who are, at least in my opinion, better than Stra and Osi... Strahan wasn't getting any younger.

Then add to the mix our much improved D backfield. Offensively, we have as many play makers as any.. less egos now that Shocky in NO.

Having said that I believe respect is earned. All the Giants need to do is beat those better teams and the analysts will catch up.

I respect your take... You will be hard pressed to find many here who think the Giants should be ranked #1. I know defense wins championships.. and ours is easily in the top 3.. as a matter of fact, I can't think of a team that has better defense than us right now... We lost Stra and Osi but we have Kiwi and Tuck who are, at least in my opinion, better than Stra and Osi... Strahan wasn't getting any younger.

Then add to the mix our much improved D backfield. Offensively, we have as many play makers as any.. less egos now that Shocky in NO.

Having said that I believe respect is earned. All the Giants need to do is beat those better teams and the analysts will catch up.

I dont think the Giants should be #1......They ARE #1. :P