SportsWrath

Reports of our demise...

Allstarjim

Have been greatly exaggerated! If anyone was paying attention to the sports news world today, it was all about how the Phillies were going to run away with this thing now, after last night. One night later, they are back in 2nd place. This team is not the team from last year. They are much more resilient, although I wonder about David Wright's mental toughness, because he was shitty in both games, especially with runners on base. I mean, in that last at bat, he swung at a fastball down and away (in the dirt). That tells me he is letting the situation affect his approach, and consequently, his focus. Normally David is pretty patient hitter. Same for Carlos Beltran... he has been coming up small in big spots far too often. But thankfully Reyes and Delgado are not.

Have been greatly exaggerated! If anyone was paying attention to the sports news world today, it was all about how the Phillies were going to run away with this thing now, after last night. One night later, they are back in 2nd place. This team is not the team from last year. They are much more resilient, although I wonder about David Wright's mental toughness, because he was shitty in both games, especially with runners on base. I mean, in that last at bat, he swung at a fastball down and away (in the dirt). That tells me he is letting the situation affect his approach, and consequently, his focus. Normally David is pretty patient hitter. Same for Carlos Beltran... he has been coming up small in big spots far too often. But thankfully Reyes and Delgado are not.

tomorrow is a much needed day off. I am not going to gloat after the win but it was a big win. There is 28 games left in the season but they have proven that they can come back after a devastating loss again and again. Kind of sounds like a particular football team from New York. It's a shame that these two teams only play one more series against each other. It has turned out to be one of the best rivalries right now in baseball and it has been fun to watch, even after a loss.

You're right, mentality wise this is not the same team. However with this bullpen I can't put any trust into this team. Late inning hitting until tonight has been dreadful but hopefully tonight wasnt a fluke.

tomorrow is a much needed day off. I am not going to gloat after the win but it was a big win. There is 28 games left in the season but they have proven that they can come back after a devastating loss again and again. Kind of sounds like a particular football team from New York. It's a shame that these two teams only play one more series against each other. It has turned out to be one of the best rivalries right now in baseball and it has been fun to watch, even after a loss.

JR, I don't get it... you and Taylorized saying things like "fun to watch" and "exciting as hell" after the Mets lose to the Phillies of all teams. I never see a loss to the Phils that way... if we lose, I'm really pissed and agonize over it. I wish I could watch the games like you guys.

Congrats to Aj for watching the game on line on the shitter last night :TU: and Congrats to the Mets for willing a win tonight.

BTW, how bout that minor league system now. Pelfrey 13 wins and some nice young players contributing. SO much for no talent on the horizon.

Delgado, NL mvp?????? :ph34r:

JR, I don't get it... you and Taylorized saying things like "fun to watch" and "exciting as hell" after the Mets lose to the Phillies of all teams. I never see a loss to the Phils that way... if we lose, I'm really pissed and agonize over it. I wish I could watch the games like you guys.

I hate the Phillies organization and I have a reason. They fucked us over for so many years up here in Scranton as their AAA affiliate year and year out with their shitty teams and then leaving. Yeah maybe 18 years with an organization is a long time but they gave us nothing but 2 IL finals appearances and lost both times. In those other years, the teams were pathetic. I don't hate them for who they are but what they have done. You want to keep the fans around, then you will have to keep the fans there and get a good team on the field. It was a divorce waiting to happen. Those Allentown fans will be waiting a long time for this organization to make their fans happy.

I just want to see a good ending to the season. It wont do me any good with the Mets running away with the division. I want to see them to stick it to the Phillies throats. I want to see a good race. I want to erase last years debacle.

Dude of course I hate losing, especially to the Phills but as a fan it absolutely was exciting despite the loss. I don't think I ever said I was happy with the result, obviously that wasn't the case. I hate losing to Philly but I knew today was a new day and look what happened. ;)

On a side note, how about that throw by Wright?

Congrats to Aj for watching the game on line on the shitter last night :TU: and Congrats to the Mets for willing a win tonight.

BTW, how bout that minor league system now. Pelfrey 13 wins and some nice young players contributing. SO much for no talent on the horizon.

Delgado, NL mvp?????? :ph34r:

LOL, thanks xxi! I actually watched a bit of tonight's game on the shitter again! I'm now addicted to multi-tasking!

Delgado is making a case, but he won't win because the voters will never vote for a guy with an average as low as Delgado's.

I think with the guys we have contributing, we may be able to afford to trade some guys down there like FMart! I know, I'm jumping ahead.

Dude of course I hate losing, especially to the Phills but as a fan it absolutely was exciting despite the loss. I don't think I ever said I was happy with the result, obviously that wasn't the case. I hate losing to Philly but I knew today was a new day and look what happened. ;)

On a side note, how about that throw by Wright?

Dude, I must've missed the throw! I got disgusted a few times and walked a way from the game for a bit.

Did you see the play he made to get Victorino out late in the game?

Come on, it's baseball, the game of failure. He's proven he can bounce back from bad nights before and at least it didn't affect his play in the field.