SportsWrath

Thank you Phillies

xxi-xxv

I as a Met fan, who was as disgusted with the play of our beloved bunch for most of the end of 2007 and the early part of 2008 want to take this oppurtunity to thank the Philadelphia Phillies for allowing the Mets to hang around long enough to get their act together. A better team might have buried their toughest competition with a 7.5 game lead and 8 in the loss column, but the Phils refused, played as bad as the Mets had and allowed them to get back in and subsequently take over first place. Again, thank you Philies from the bottom of my orange and blue heart.

This hardly means the Mets in the EAST, but at least we have something to cheer for down the stretch.

BTW, nice job today Johan, this is what you are supposed to do vs lousy teams. :TU:

I as a Met fan, who was as disgusted with the play of our beloved bunch for most of the end of 2007 and the early part of 2008 want to take this oppurtunity to thank the Philadelphia Phillies for allowing the Mets to hang around long enough to get their act together. A better team might have buried their toughest competition with a 7.5 game lead and 8 in the loss column, but the Phils refused, played as bad as the Mets had and allowed them to get back in and subsequently take over first place. Again, thank you Philies from the bottom of my orange and blue heart.

This hardly means the Mets in the EAST, but at least we have something to cheer for down the stretch.

BTW, nice job today Johan, this is what you are supposed to do vs lousy teams. :TU:

No doubt-the Phils helped you out with a 4 game slide against the Dodgers, while you play the likes of little league teams like the Nationals, Pirates and Braves...wow, that's a tough schedule!

Your pitcher Johan bucks up against the freakin' Pirates--finally. You must be proud. It's what you've waited for...your team to play good baseball...or is it playing sorry ass teams?? Hmmm.

Nice job.

No doubt-the Phils helped you out with a 4 game slide against the Dodgers, while you play the likes of little league teams like the Nationals, Pirates and Braves...wow, that's a tough schedule!

Your pitcher Johan bucks up against the freakin' Pirates--finally. You must be proud. It's what you've waited for...your team to play good baseball...or is it playing sorry ass teams?? Hmmm.

Nice job.

>>>>NEWS FLASH<<<<

Your team has the same schedule :doh:

Phils retook the lead from the Mets when they were playing Washington.

'

Owned.

The Phillies are falling apart at the seams. Jimmy Rollins playing like total shit and criticizing the fans:

"They are front running fans, they love you when your doing well, but hate you when you don't play well."

Way to go Jimmy, this couldn't have happened to a better team.

Nice job.

no offense, G- but the dodgers are not exactly a powerhouse. they're not even the best team that claims to be in LA.

'

Owned.

The Phillies are falling apart at the seams. Jimmy Rollins playing like total shit and criticizing the fans:

"They are front running fans, they love you when your doing well, but hate you when you don't play well."

Way to go Jimmy, this couldn't have happened to a better team.

He wasn't lying. I used to laugh my ass off when they booed Mike Shmidt and Greg Luzinsky after a bad couple of days.

Nice job.

Ggirl I always figured you to be much smarter than this, apparently not so I will thus explain to you. See where you NOW are playing the Dodgers, the Mets have been there, TWICE in fact in a span of about 4 weeks. So while way back when when the METS were playing the Dodgers, you had your chance against the Pirates and Nationals. In fact I believe you played the Pirates just 7 short days ago.

YOu are right the MEts have been playing "sorry ass teams" including being 9-4 against the one just south of them.

Ggirl I always figured you to be much smarter than this, apparently not so I will thus explain to you. See where you NOW are playing the Dodgers, the Mets have been there, TWICE in fact in a span of about 4 weeks. So while way back when when the METS were playing the Dodgers, you had your chance against the Pirates and Nationals. In fact I believe you played the Pirates just 7 short days ago.

YOu are right the MEts have been playing "sorry ass teams" including being 9-4 against the one just south of them.

The team thats just like 2 hours away, right?

Nice job.

What is the Mets record against the Phillies? And I think the Phillies play the Nats and Braves as many times as we do.

Perhaps I should be the one explaining things to you...

My point was exactly the one you just made. We always managed to swing another jump to the top, while you were playing someone a bit more competetive, while we played an easier schedule. Stop always reading things so defensively. Geez.

No doubt my team has had a rough time, but I still refuse to count them out. We had your number last year and that has clearly turned around for you. Perhaps that will work in your favor this year...perhaps not. We'll have to see.

:)

Perhaps I should be the one explaining things to you...

My point was exactly the one you just made. We always managed to swing another jump to the top, while you were playing someone a bit more competetive, while we played an easier schedule. Stop always reading things so defensively. Geez.

No doubt my team has had a rough time, but I still refuse to count them out. We had your number last year and that has clearly turned around for you. Perhaps that will work in your favor this year...perhaps not. We'll have to see.

:)

well it seems like(and apparently reading the replies it does to others)that you want to make exuses of this idea that we somehow have an easier schedule. As you know, its all the same(only we get the Yanks 6 times)

as for having our number in 2007, it actually was not until August that that occured. We swept a 3 game series at Shea in May and took 3 of 4 down there in July! DO not think that does not scare the Heilmans out of me in knowing that 13 games means we still have 6 to play. <_<

Nice "come from behind" wins for both of us last night. :) --*okay, so I was sitting in CBP watching the out of town scoreboard, hoping the Braves would take that one, but I knew all along that you guys would end up with the W.*-- <_<

Nice "come from behind" wins for both of us last night. :) --*okay, so I was sitting in CBP watching the out of town scoreboard, hoping the Braves would take that one, but I knew all along that you guys would end up with the W.*-- <_<

I was at Shea on Tuesday, paying close attention to the out of town scoreboard. I saw the Phillies win and i was like :(

But after the Mets won, I was like :)

I know the teams we've been playing hte last two weeks are complete shit but im still surprised about how well we've been playing.

I really hope we make the playoffs not only because I want to see them in october but i'd like to see jerry come back for sure after this season. He has these guys playing hard.

I know the teams we've been playing hte last two weeks are complete shit but im still surprised about how well we've been playing.

I really hope we make the playoffs not only because I want to see them in october but i'd like to see jerry come back for sure after this season. He has these guys playing hard.

So were they last September. This is a good thing! And exactly what the Mets should be doing, beating the bad teams. And I don't care what their record is, it's always nice beating the Braves.

I was at Shea on Tuesday, paying close attention to the out of town scoreboard. I saw the Phillies win and i was like :(

But after the Mets won, I was like :)

I will be at the game on Tuesday. No need to watch the out of town score board that night... ;)