SportsWrath

Brett Favre is an Attention Whore

Guest StrahansGap

Packers are the youngest team in the NFL coming off a 13 win season where all these young guys got the experience needed to take the next step. Now they are going to put a QB in there whom IMO is not very good(why he slid on draft day in 05) and have him take his growing pains.

Anyone remember the 1994 Giants? COming off an 11-5 year, cut Simms, put that waste of space Brown in there and before you know it they are 3-7 and done. If I am a fan of the Pack the thought of that makes me want to put off the Roger era as long as possible. Now I know the Giants won 6 straight to end the 94 season, but the season was shot to let this first year starter grow(which he never did anyway but thats a different story).

Like I said, as a Giant fan I am happy as hell. Yes there is no way to tell in the NFL what a good team like the Pack in 07 will be in 08, but I feel a hell of a lot better with them having a first year starter at QB to be mediocre then Brett Favre.

If the Pack are so sold on this thought, release him and let him go to the Vikings and see what happens. If they had any balls thats what they would do.

As for Favre he is being a baby, but the guy wants to play and for what he has done to basically put GB back on the football map after 20 years of oblivion at the very least give him what he wants.

You had to go and remind me of that George Young induced fiasco known as the Dave Brown Experiment. Jesus even Reeves (who was no Phil Simms worshipper) felt like shit and the Captain of tramp freighter in a typhoon when he was tapped to give Phil the release speech and knowing he had a veteran team able to go deep into the playoffs (if not the big show itself) being handed over to a question mark from that football "powerhouse" Duke University. LOL!!! But sometimes the management of teams get into this wishful thinking cycle especially if the guy they are pushing as the solution is the guy they picked. George Young should have been made to wear sack cloth and walk on his knees to Lourdes for that pox he placed in the QB chair.

Giving him to the Vikings would be a flat out stupid move on the Packers part.

They've won one superbowl with Favre,one. And that one has a lot to do with Reggie White.

So its a stupid move to have Brett Favre be the starting QB of the Packers or at the very least compete for the job(something we all know he would beat out Rogers in a non bias competition) and its a stupid move to give him to the Vikings?

I don't know maybe its just me, but if the Packers are so convinced they are better off with Rogers let him go anywhere. If they are so trusting in their convictions, who gives a shit where he goes. Seems to me that Thompson is afraid of looking like a moron passing up the chance to have Brett Favre play another year and is even more afraid of him coming back and kicking his ass twice a year, not to mention 70,000 people in Lambeau cheering for the Vikes QB.

That SB they won had a lot to do with Desmond Howard as well. Favre also lost a SB as well, which in some peoples mind(not mine)counts as a notch on their belt so to relegate his career to simply "one SB win" is really unfair. I mean, Dan Marino won none, does that change the type of QB he is.

Like I said, I remember when the Giants let Simms go and what a colossal disaster it was in 1994 watching a good team lose because of its QB knowing they could have had a solid veteran leading the team. I personally think Aaron Rogers is nothing more than a medicore prospect and I see the Packers having the same fate. Bad for the Pack, good for NFC east teams who will probably battle for 3 playff spots.

So its a stupid move to have Brett Favre be the starting QB of the Packers or at the very least compete for the job(something we all know he would beat out Rogers in a non bias competition) and its a stupid move to give him to the Vikings?

I don't know maybe its just me, but if the Packers are so convinced they are better off with Rogers let him go anywhere. If they are so trusting in their convictions, who gives a shit where he goes. Seems to me that Thompson is afraid of looking like a moron passing up the chance to have Brett Favre play another year and is even more afraid of him coming back and kicking his ass twice a year, not to mention 70,000 people in Lambeau cheering for the Vikes QB.

That SB they won had a lot to do with Desmond Howard as well. Favre also lost a SB as well, which in some peoples mind(not mine)counts as a notch on their belt so to relegate his career to simply "one SB win" is really unfair. I mean, Dan Marino won none, does that change the type of QB he is.

Like I said, I remember when the Giants let Simms go and what a colossal disaster it was in 1994 watching a good team lose because of its QB knowing they could have had a solid veteran leading the team. I personally think Aaron Rogers is nothing more than a medicore prospect and I see the Packers having the same fate. Bad for the Pack, good for NFC east teams who will probably battle for 3 playff spots.

Do you think it's fair that every year after Brett loses his last game of the season, that he gets in front of the camera and cries his fucking eyes out prompting people to believe he's going to retire. He held up the front office all offseason once because he was bitching about not getting Randy Moss. Yet even with all these distractions, the packers FO amazingly built a team that got to the NFC championship ( a game by the way, he absolutely looked like he didn't want to be there). Mccarthy looks like a good coach, they have a good team which Favre was bitching about, and he goes and announces his retirement in March. The Packers at that very point have to plan for the future, and they decide the future is Rodgers. They were absolutely right to do so. Their draft was heavily influenced by this decision, 2 QB's drafted.

Now favre says he wants to come back, and the Packers FO take fucking turns flying to his home to talk to him about it. They bend over backwards and accept he is coming back. 3 days before he's due to return, he changes his mind again. How can you blame them for saying fuck this.

If he goes to the Vikings, it will be because they released him, which would be a major mistake as they'd get nothing for him. The Packers have never said he can't still be a good QB, that's why they agreed to him coming back months ago. They are tired of being lead around by the nose by him. This has no correlation with Simms and Brown. Giants let Simms go, and no-one had any idea that Brown would be as bad as he was.

Anyone who ever saw Brown Qb those Spurrier Duke teams of the early 90's knew he was a product of the system, just like Danny Wuerffel was ....

This is absolutely like the Simms situation in that the 93 Giants a playoff team were handed to a virtual unknown. The only difference is the Giants actually were so strong in their convictions that they let Simms go.

anyway here is how I would see it.

I am a Packers fan, I know nothing about Aaron Rogers, I know I can win and make the playoffs with Brett Favre.

Yup pretty much makes up my mind for me. We long ago as fans stopped caring how our athletes behave when it comes to retiring, contracts or me first attitudes. Its about winning and Brett Favre gives the Packers the best chnce to win in 2008. There is no debating that fact. They do not want him, let him go, its really that simple.

Like I said, the Pack are staring at 8-8, 9-7 tops with Aaron Rogers and thats fine by me as a fan of team playing in the competitive NFC east.

BTW I am not defending Brett Favre, guy is a dick and has been for a long time doing this crap, but if I am a Packers fan I want to win and IMO he gives them the best chance to win.

In all honesty, had the Giants not won the SB we would have probably the same shit with Strahan and knowing what I know about Stray I would not care, I would want him to play because he gives them a better chance to win.

heres what happens to THE FAVRE he gets traded to the Jets, Commish Goodell(asshole) busts Tim Donaghy out of prison hires him as a NFL official and presto Super Bowl 43 in Tampa, Jets vs. Cowboys Tony vs. THE FAVRE

heres what happens to THE FAVRE he gets traded to the Jets, Commish Goodell(asshole) busts Tim Donaghy out of prison hires him as a NFL official and presto Super Bowl 43 in Tampa, Jets vs. Cowboys Tony vs. THE FAVRE

Meanwhile, John Madden is giddy with joy as his two fantasy boyfr....er. I mean Quaterbacks are dueling it out on the grid iron, all sweaty and manly n stuff.