SportsWrath

"T.O. tears apart team."

E-town Giant

Guest Nutty Sack

Lets face facts. I'm treating last year as an aberation. If you're completely honest with yourself we won the division by default. Now I'm not complaing because it was an enjoyable ride. If it had not been for Tiki Barber's super human effort all year long we could have easily been a 500 team. The point I'm making is that what you saw the last half of the season is basically the Giant team. Not playoff caliber. And yet EA hasn't addressed our weakness's properly while the rest of the division has. I think he's under some delusion that the team as is will just get better.

Guest Lockhart
Lets face facts. I'm treating last year as an aberation. If you're completely honest with yourself we won the division by default. Now I'm not complaing because it was an enjoyable ride. If it had not been for Tiki Barber's super human effort all year long we could have easily been a 500 team. The point I'm making is that what you saw the last half of the season is basically the Giant team. Not playoff caliber. And yet EA hasn't addressed our weakness's properly while the rest of the division has. I think he's under some delusion that the team as is will just get better.

Dallas lost Flozell Adams (LT) and had youngsters on the defense that are now seasoned. The Eagles lost what seemed to be their entire team to the injury list, including McNabb - plus TO's mental meltdown. The Redskins started out awful, but were humming on offense at season's end. It is a different NFC East in 2006, and one that the Giants will be treading water in unless there are some major improvements in play on offense and personnel on defense. The Giants might have the weakest defense in the NFC East, and finished 2005 with a questionable offense.

Edited by Lockhart

Dallas lost Flozell Adams (LT) and had youngsters on the defense that are now seasoned. The Eagles lost what seemed to be their entire team to the injury list, including McNabb - plus TO's mental meltdown. The Redskins started out awful, but were humming on offense at season's end. It is a different NFC East in 2006, and one that the Giants will be treading water in unless there are some major improvements in play on offense and personnel on defense. The Giants might have the weakest defense in the NFC East, and finished 2005 with a questionable offense.

So Eli Manning, a youngster, won't improve? Guys like Webster, Torbor, Wilson and Butler won't improve? Giants lost their entire LB crew and Peterson for almost the entire year.

Lockhart, you bring up a decent arguement, but give no credit to any Giants players ever. While EA could have done better in FA (I don't think he did an awful job like you do, but it could have been better), I think the Giants are in good shape for next season.

Honestly, how did the Eagles really improve? Another year older on defense and no T.O. Westbrook might never be the same.

Redskins will again have no depth. What depth do they have anywhere? How many draft picks do they have? Plus, an aging Brunell behind that line, which I feel is suspect, might get hammered before he can get the ball to ARE, Lloyd and Moss.

Cowboys might be the most improved with the addition of T.O. and Fabini. But I think their line is still suspect. However, their defense will be very good.

Just wait. If you think that he isn't going to help them then you are fooling yourself.

As long as they keep winning Dallas will role the moment there is a bump in the road..

the potential derailing will start...and the media will fan that flame into a firestorm...

Guest Lockhart
So Eli Manning, a youngster, won't improve? Guys like Webster, Torbor, Wilson and Butler won't improve? Giants lost their entire LB crew and Peterson for almost the entire year.

Lockhart, you bring up a decent arguement, but give no credit to any Giants players ever. While EA could have done better in FA (I don't think he did an awful job like you do, but it could have been better), I think the Giants are in good shape for next season.

Honestly, how did the Eagles really improve? Another year older on defense and no T.O. Westbrook might never be the same.

Redskins will again have no depth. What depth do they have anywhere? How many draft picks do they have? Plus, an aging Brunell behind that line, which I feel is suspect, might get hammered before he can get the ball to ARE, Lloyd and Moss.

Cowboys might be the most improved with the addition of T.O. and Fabini. But I think their line is still suspect. However, their defense will be very good.

Never said the Giant young players wouldn't improve-still the Giants are the 4th defense in the NFC East. After watching this offseason unfolding the Giant defense may have actually weakened with the loss of Clancy and Will Allen, with only the aging Madison as a possible starter of quality. If Griesen goes the Giants will be worse shape than they were in 2005. Arrington is just another Barrett Green. As of this moment, it looks as if the Giants have gone backwards intheir overall team strength and depth, particularly on defense.

Never said the Giant young players wouldn't improve-still the Giants are the 4th defense in the NFC East. After watching this offseason unfolding the Giant defense may have actually weakened with the loss of Clancy and Will Allen, with only the aging Madison as a possible starter of quality. If Griesen goes the Giants will be worse shape than they were in 2005. Arrington is just another Barrett Green. As of this moment, it looks as if the Giants have gone backwards intheir overall team strength and depth, particularly on defense.

LMAO...

how is arrington a barret green? he played last year...

and as far as the playoffs go 1/2 the LB starters where inj'ed.

the draft hasn't started NY has picked up mult DB's..

madison is the only starter of quality?

Demps is a good player...

you can make a case that Manning has not lived up to the hype but this is pure stupidity

Guest Nutty Sack

Bottom line is our defense today is much weaker than the group that ,when healthy last year, played. You can't expect draft choices to immediately step in and make an impact. Ernie needed to come out of the gate swinging in this FA pool and he failed.

Bottom line is our defense today is much weaker than the group that ,when healthy last year, played. You can't expect draft choices to immediately step in and make an impact. Ernie needed to come out of the gate swinging in this FA pool and he failed.

really?

explain...

Guest Lockhart
LMAO...

how is arrington a barret green? he played last year...

and as far as the playoffs go 1/2 the LB starters where inj'ed.

the draft hasn't started NY has picked up mult DB's..

madison is the only starter of quality?

Demps is a good player...

you can make a case that Manning has not lived up to the hype but this is pure stupidity

Arrington didn't start in 8 games in 2005 and only played in 4 games in 2004. Even when he was healthy last year he didn't play on every down as he is a disaster in pass coverage. Washington didn't even consider him a starter when the other linebackers were healthy. In fact he is worse than Barrett Green in both injury situation and ability - at least Green can play pass defense. Demps is a lifetime backup that had a partially torn ACL in November - no wonder Ozzie Newsome let him go.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Nutty Sack
really?

explain...

We loose two solid players in Allen and Clancy and are about to loose Nick Greisen. What ahve we replaced these players with ?? An aging Sam Madison. You think Saban let him go because he still was of value ??

What year, last year? When healthy the defense let qb's throw for over 300 yards a game. Our secondary was in shambles. There were a few games were we seemed to improve but saying this seconday was good last year is a farce. I told you, I am in agreement with you with the DT position and adding some linebackers. I am more worried about these positions now then the secondary. Yes, I am suspect of Madison's age. I think we can get a year or two out of him. We did not over pay him and spent less than half of what Miami was paying him. I like Webster. He could bring a lot to the table for the Giants. There is just trouble with rookie CB's. It seems to take time for them to adjust to the NFL. That us why I do not support a CB in the first round. It takes some time for them to develop. We do need to address this issues now though and in the early rounds of the draft. I am also in favor of trying to get another wide receiver either now or early in the draft. We need someone to compliment Burress and Toomer is getting older. Our Wideouts are just not cutting it. What do you think Sack?

Arrington didn't start in 8 games in 2005 and only played in 4 games in 2004. Even when he was healthy last year he didn't play on every down as he is a disaster in pass coverage. Washington didn't even consider him a starter when the other linebackers were healthy. In fact he is worse than Barrett Green in both injury situation and ability - at least Green can play pass defense. Demps is a lifetime backup that had a partially torn ACL in November - no wonder Ozzie Newsome let him go.

Arrington was hurt in 2004 and was in the doghouse in 2005 because Synder and Williams didn't lik him. He made some big plays late in the year.

Demps is a lifetime backup? Is that why he's a starter? Plus, I think the Giants looked at his ACL when they considered him. If it didn't check out, they probably wouldn't have signed him.

Guest Lockhart
Arrington was hurt in 2004 and was in the doghouse in 2005 because Synder and Williams didn't lik him. He made some big plays late in the year.

Demps is a lifetime backup? Is that why he's a starter? Plus, I think the Giants looked at his ACL when they considered him. If it didn't check out, they probably wouldn't have signed him.

Arrington was the highest paid linebacker in the NFL in 2005 and didn't even start, not because the coaches didn't like him, but becuase he wasn't good enough. The Giants also said Barrett Green and Carlos Emmons would be halthy when they signed those two to free agent contracts...........they were wrong.

Arrington was the highest paid linebacker in the NFL in 2005 and didn't even start, not because the coaches didn't like him, but becuase he wasn't good enough. The Giants also said Barrett Green and Carlos Emmons would be halthy when they signed those two to free agent contracts...........they were wrong.

Read any news? It's been made clear that Synder did not like Arrington during his stay in Washington.

that’s eight more games then green played, Geen is constantly INj'ed...I don't want Arrington but to compare him to green is ridicules..

As it is to say the defense has taken a step back...

Demps started in somthing like 47 out of 50+ games..

why do you just make up bullshit?

Mcquaters will be starting this year also...

dope

Read any news? It's been made clear that Synder did not like Arrington during his stay in Washington.

same old BS these guys goes right over all the real facts and focuses on one opinion that has slightly more then zero merit to it to make a point..

What year, last year? When healthy the defense let qb's throw for over 300 yards a game. Our secondary was in shambles. There were a few games were we seemed to improve but saying this seconday was good last year is a farce. I told you, I am in agreement with you with the DT position and adding some linebackers. I am more worried about these positions now then the secondary. Yes, I am suspect of Madison's age. I think we can get a year or two out of him. We did not over pay him and spent less than half of what Miami was paying him. I like Webster. He could bring a lot to the table for the Giants. There is just trouble with rookie CB's. It seems to take time for them to adjust to the NFL. That us why I do not support a CB in the first round. It takes some time for them to develop. We do need to address this issues now though and in the early rounds of the draft. I am also in favor of trying to get another wide receiver either now or early in the draft. We need someone to compliment Burress and Toomer is getting older. Our Wideouts are just not cutting it. What do you think Sack?

looking at the FA pick ups IMO we don't get a DB in the draft....

and lets not forget wilson..allen and wilson seemed to be the only db's to show up at times last year..

anything over delotche is an improvment...

IMO ny will pick up a LB that will step in and at least be fucntional...

AP is the heart and soul of the LB core now...He's not going anywhere...to discount this is stupidity.. as long as he's healthy the DB core will not be a glaring weakness...one average DB and DT, will at the very least be an improvement on last year...

you want to worry, worry about age catchin 92...and barber

looking at the FA pick ups IMO we don't get a DB in the draft....

and lets not forget wilson..allen and wilson seemed to be the only db's to show up at times last year..

anything over delotche is an improvment...

IMO ny will pick up a LB that will step in and at least be fucntional...

AP is the heart and soul of the LB core now...He's not going anywhere...to discount this is stupidity.. as long as he's healthy the DB core will not be a glaring weakness...one average DB and DT, will at the very least be an improvement on last year...

you want to worry, worry about age catchin 92...and barber

When did I say I am discounting Pierce? Allen showing up? He cannot catch and got burned a few times. I like the upgrades, especially in the safty position. Allen is not a horrible CB but we could have done better. Maybe it was the defensive scheme. If Tiki gets hurt we are in a lot of trouble. As for Strahan, we do have Tuck who showed a lot last year as a Rookie. He is not 92 but he can fill in. Lets just not hope for that.

When did I say I am discounting Pierce? Allen showing up? He cannot catch and got burned a few times. I like the upgrades, especially in the safty position. Allen is not a horrible CB but we could have done better. Maybe it was the defensive scheme. If Tiki gets hurt we are in a lot of trouble. As for Strahan, we do have Tuck who showed a lot last year as a Rookie. He is not 92 but he can fill in. Lets just not hope for that.

I didn;t mean to imply you where discounting AP, but the fab four seems to only see the glass as 1/2 empty...

The secondary has been upgraded not only play wise but coaching as well.

We need an decent LB and a solid DT, this WILL be a total upgrade to the defense, to not see this is insane..

how can you use the playoff game to gauge the defense!? NICK GREISEN ( the best LB on the field?) ,ALONZO JACKSON, KEVIN LEWIS....ect ect..these "members" are consistant jackoffs...

I didn;t mean to imply you where discounting AP, but the fab four seems to only see the glass as 1/2 empty...

The secondary has been upgraded not only play wise but coaching as well.

We need an decent LB and a solid DT, this WILL be a total upgrade to the defense, to not see this is insane..

how can you use the playoff game to gauge the defense!? NICK GREISEN ( the best LB on the field?) ,ALONZO JACKSON, KEVIN LEWIS....ect ect..these "members" are consistant jackoffs...

As far as the LB core in the playoffs were concerned it was like playing LB with

your hand tied behind your back. We were doomed with those players.

I think after FA and the draft is over we will have a more complete team.

Will it be enough? Its hard to say. ALot hinges on the D playing as a unit and the

further progress of Eli!

I think the D will be a better unit this year! We need one key component and that

is to sign a DT that can command a double team. If that happens Osi and Stray will

see more sacks than last year and the opposing QB's will not have the time to throw

to their Receivers! DT is critical! it cannot be overstated enough !!!

:clap:

Guest Nutty Sack

You know the more I think about it the more I like Gardy Jackson. His size and the ability to plug the middle are something we sorely missed last year. Plus he can actually tackle.

EA better be going hard after this guy. I better see him in Albany sweating and grunting like a big old rhinocerous.