SportsWrath

Giants Looking at SLB Danny Clark

BleedinBlue

From the NY POST

March 12, 2008 -- In addition to bringing in quarterback David Carr for a visit, the GiantsNew York Giants last night and today also will meet and get to know linebacker Danny Clark, who, like Carr, has a Giants connection.

strong side linebacker, Clark if signed would fill the roster spot opened up when Reggie TorborReggie Torbor signed with the Dolphins. Mathias KiwanukaMathias Kiwanuka , coming back from a broken leg, is expected to resume his linebacker career and in reserve on the strong side, the Giants at the moment have Zak DeOssie entering his second year.

Clark turns 31 on May 9 and in his eight-year career had his best seasons in 2004 (130 tackles) and 2005 (113 tackles) starting for the Raiders. He's spent one year with the Saints and last season with the Texans.

The 6-2, 245-pound Clark has played in 122 NFL games, with 67 starts, and would be a core special teams player for the Giants.

What are his and Carr's 'Giant connections'?

They both played in Houston under the guidance of QB coach Chris Palmer, who was Houstons offensive coordinator. Clark also spent 3 years playing for Tom Coughlin when TC was head coach of Jacksonville.

Interestingly, if we sign Carr.....we will have two QB's on the team that were the very first picks of the draft. Carr, the first pick overall in 2002 and Eli the first pick overall in 2004.

They both played in Houston under the guidance of QB coach Chris Palmer, who was Houstons offensive coordinator. Clark also spent 3 years playing for Tom Coughlin when TC was head coach of Jacksonville.

Interestingly, if we sign Carr.....we will have two QB's on the team that were the very first picks of the draft. Carr, the first pick overall in 2002 and Eli the first pick overall in 2004.

I hope the Giants can get Carr. Our 2 backups are useless and Carr would be a good backup. Depth wise the QB position has been a problem for a while.

Stick Carr behind a decent line and give him a couple of pre season games and maybe a mop up or two during the regular season and his case of happy feet should disappear. I mean all the guy could do was take the snap and duck for all of those years...so he might be a tad gunshy and with reason. LOL. It would be a good pickup in my opinion.

Stick Carr behind a decent line and give him a couple of pre season games and maybe a mop up or two during the regular season and his case of happy feet should disappear. I mean all the guy could do was take the snap and duck for all of those years...so he might be a tad gunshy and with reason. LOL. It would be a good pickup in my opinion.

Totally agree. Not to mention, if Carr pans out as his early billings said he would.....he could be traded for a number one pick or a prize player...or if taken by another team when an RFA, we automatically get their no. 1 pick. I don't think the Jints could go wrong by picking him up.