SportsWrath

PLAXICO BURRESS

BIGBLUE01

I saw this little tidbit on bigblueinteractive.com, dont know if anyone else heard or has seen this. But just another testament to his strong will and desire to win. Way to stick it out Plax, and win!

Burress Played the Super Bowl With a Sprained Knee: It was revealed after the Super Bowl that WR Plaxico Burress sprained the medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his left knee last Monday before the game when he fell in the shower. When Burress missed practice on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, it was believed publicly that the knee injury was related to his long-standing ankle injury.

"Until (Sunday) morning, I honestly didn’t think I would be able to go, and it broke my heart," said Burress.

Burress only caught two passes for 27 yards in the Super Bowl, but one of those was the game-winning touchdown catch with 35 seconds left on the clock.

"If anyone could ever know how close he came to not playing," Wide Receivers Coach Mike Sullivan said. "He shouldn’t have been out there."

I hope it gets taken care of during the off season and he's 100% next year.

I used to think Plax was overhyped and a hotdog. I have seen more on him in the past year than ever before and I have found out he's humble, he doesn't do embarassing stunts after a catch, he was the first one to give away a TD ball to our honorary co-captain Gadson, he's driven to win, he plays hurt, and he's a sensitive guy as evidenced by his crying after the game.

He has become one of my favorite Giants of all time....something I would have never guessed in a million years. I just love this guy and as far as I'm concerned, one of the great ones on this team.

I hope it gets taken care of during the off season and he's 100% next year.

I used to think Plax was overhyped and a hotdog. I have seen more on him in the past year than ever before and I have found out he's humble, he doesn't do embarassing stunts after a catch, he was the first one to give away a TD ball to our honorary co-captain Gadson, he's driven to win, he plays hurt, and he's a sensitive guy as evidenced by his crying after the game.

He has become one of my favorite Giants of all time....something I would have never guessed in a million years. I just love this guy and as far as I'm concerned, one of the great ones on this team.

I always new he had tremendous talent, but I also thought of him as a hotdog too, so I thought he would never play to his potential. He is my sons favorite, and if it werent for Toomer and Strahan, he might just be mine too. :)

Burress really created a new identity for himself this season. Between the playing through the pain, the hours spent in the film room to make up for lack of practicing, the respect he showed Eli, the confidence in Eli he had, add it all up and he became what we all thought he never could be, a true team player.

Hopefully it rubs off on Shockey a bit.

Burress really created a new identity for himself this season. Between the playing through the pain, the hours spent in the film room to make up for lack of practicing, the respect he showed Eli, the confidence in Eli he had, add it all up and he became what we all thought he never could be, a true team player.

Yep, he shut a lot of people up this season. He was a tough SOB this year, and kept his arms to his sides.

I saw this little tidbit on bigblueinteractive.com, dont know if anyone else heard or has seen this. But just another testament to his strong will and desire to win. Way to stick it out Plax, and win!

Burress Played the Super Bowl With a Sprained Knee: It was revealed after the Super Bowl that WR Plaxico Burress sprained the medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his left knee last Monday before the game when he fell in the shower. When Burress missed practice on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, it was believed publicly that the knee injury was related to his long-standing ankle injury.

"Until (Sunday) morning, I honestly didn’t think I would be able to go, and it broke my heart," said Burress.

Burress only caught two passes for 27 yards in the Super Bowl, but one of those was the game-winning touchdown catch with 35 seconds left on the clock.

"If anyone could ever know how close he came to not playing," Wide Receivers Coach Mike Sullivan said. "He shouldn’t have been out there."

This is like the 1000th example this season of how the sports media doesn't know jack shit when it comes to the NY Giants. The rap on Burress was always "Plexiglass".... not tough enough, quitter, etc. Turns out the guy should have been out 4-6 weeks.

This is like the 1000th example this season of how the sports media doesn't know jack shit when it comes to the NY Giants. The rap on Burress was always "Plexiglass".... not tough enough, quitter, etc. Turns out the guy should have been out 4-6 weeks.

The name "plexiglass" always made me smile, plexiglass is used as bulletproof glass in banks for gods sake.

And he injured his knee at home, on top of his ankle?? The mans a soldier!!!

When we first got Plax, I wasn't a big fan. Even on Madden I would throw to Toomer more than I would Plax, just because I liked Toomer better. This season Plax, and this Giants team in general, has proven me wrong on many accounts. Plax is a stand up guy and I'm damn he's a Giant. :rock: