SportsWrath

just herd on nfl live

uconngiants

Are they that desperate? I know Spags has been great but only one year under his belt as a defensive coordinator. Lets hope Spags doesn't make a mistake and leave. It would be nice if the Giants extend his contract or give him a new one. Making him Assistant Coach would go a long way.

Are they that desperate? I know Spags has been great but only one year under his belt as a defensive coordinator. Lets hope Spags doesn't make a mistake and leave. It would be nice if the Giants extend his contract or give him a new one. Making him Assistant Coach would go a long way.

I certainly hope so. We've FINALLY found a competent replacement for John Fox. The front office will need to assure Spags that they see a long future for him with the Giants (i.e., successor to Coughlin). I know ownership still regrets letting Fox get away and then going belly up with Fassel.

mort reported that the falcons are back to square one for the new head coach, they are going to wait and interview spags for the job once he is available this would fucking suck if he took that job

We just have to pull the same trick Dallas did with Garret. Coughlin won't be coaching for many years to come so why not prepare Spags to be our HC after Coughlin retires?

We just have to pull the same trick Dallas did with Garret. Coughlin won't be coaching for many years to come so why not prepare Spags to be our HC after Coughlin retires?

It's what I have wanted for a long time now. Somebody else already mentioned it in another topic but I'll repeat it here, offer him assistant head coach. It doesn't really change anything except show to both him and the players the team is committed to Spags and recognizes his coaching abilities and appreciates them. Motivate both Spags and the players. Heck it would even be something to throw at Strahan as a reason not to retire yet.