SportsWrath

Beane rapes ChiSox again. (remember Billy Koch?)

fringe

if you mean he doesn't pray every night he had the budget of cashman or epstein, i would agree.

but, he also wants a ring, don't kid yourself. besides how does that make it ok for the team he raped?

No, I've had this suspicion ever since I read the book Moneyball. I, personally feel that

he is just satisfied with making the playoffs.

It's also no coincidence that when someone who used to coach for the Oakland A's,

(Art Howe and Ron Washington) that they have no idea how to actually manage a team.

Billy Beane should just be the manager of that team.

well. you're certainly entitled to your silly, unsubstantiated opinion :P . but again, why is that ok for the team he rapes?

I didn't mean it's okay per se.

Just saying they won't make the World Series if they keep doing this. The Minnesota Twins

too, they aren't the AL's version of the Florida Marlins.

BTW, don't link Ron Washington to Art Howe just yet. He's only had 1 year and no pitchers. Besides, Howe had a much better pensive pose.

Beane knows what the Dodgers are about to find out- that a manager isn't all that important and probably accounts for a +/- of 5 games all season. Maybe a little more important in the playoffs, meaning they could f things up easier, which is what happened to the A's of the early to mid part of this decade.

BTW, don't link Ron Washington to Art Howe just yet. He's only had 1 year and no pitchers. Besides, Howe had a much better pensive pose.

Beane knows what the Dodgers are about to find out- that a manager isn't all that important and probably accounts for a +/- of 5 games all season. Maybe a little more important in the playoffs, meaning they could f things up easier, which is what happened to the A's of the early to mid part of this decade.

Don't I know it. :brooding:

That guy was doomed to fail in New York from his opening press conference.