eli is skittish article from espn

rphguy

Source: Giants GM explains 'skittish' remark to Manning

ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 2, 2007, 12:39 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

For Giants quarterback Eli Manning, it's one thing to dodge darts thrown by the New York media, it's another thing when it's done by your general manager.

Manning

Giants first-year GM Jerry Reese said Manning played "skittish" in his four interception performance against the Vikings last week in a 41-17 loss.

Even though the description was downplayed in its context in the original story, it stirred up the Big Apple masses. Reese tried to explain his comments twice to Manning during the week, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Manning is secure in his future as the team's quarterback, the source insisted to ESPN.

Since becoming the Giants' starter midway through the 2004 schedule, Manning has struggled in the second half of seasons. He was really bad last season, when New York went 2-6 down the stretch and squeaked into the playoffs at 8-8.

The problem is manifesting itself again. Since the bye, the Giants are 1-2. Manning has two touchdown passes and six interceptions in the two losses. He has thrown three TDs in the last four games.

Manning also creates problems for himself by being so stoic. To many it comes off as if he doesn't care, which is far from the truth.

"It's not like I go home and all my worries are gone and the games don't come back in my mind," Manning said this week. "I go over plays and situations. That's what I love to do. I am competitive and I work extremely hard. I work hard enough where I don't expect to have those types of games. It's not a matter of being ill-prepared. It's just not performing well and things going the wrong way and the other team playing well."

While having a tantrum after a bad play might feel good, Manning said it won't correct the mistakes. He also believes screaming and yelling will rekindle some recent problems on a team where finger-pointing was second nature.

"We have done a better job of doing that this year," he said. "We haven't had as many problems. And we have stayed calm on the sidelines. It's just that we have to fix some things and figure out how to play better football."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Maybe Reese said Eli looked skittish because... Eli looked skittish? I mean, what the fuck is he supposed to say? "Our QB threw 4 picks and 3 went for TDs... but when he wasn't throwing picks he was in control, razor sharp, and just awesome out there."

Come on. :confused:

Maybe Reese said Eli looked skittish because... Eli looked skittish? I mean, what the fuck is he supposed to say? "Our QB threw 4 picks and 3 went for TDs... but when he wasn't throwing picks he was in control, razor sharp, and just awesome out there."

Come on. :confused:

Agree totally.....so he is not into sports talk diplomatic bullshit. I find it refreshing as in fucking wake up and stop acting like a virgin in the middle of a jail break.