SportsWrath

Girardi picks #27

You know, Mick came up and they gave him the #6, ya know the next great Yankee stuff? Mick folded and was sent down because of the pressure.

Girardi wearing the #27 puts himself under a lot of pressure.

In Mick's defense, they made him play the outfield right away when he was originally a shortstop, so I think that might have had something to do with it. Soriano (I know, he's not in the Mick's league at all, but bare with me) wasn't all that great his first year that he had to make the transition from infield to outfield.

Apples an Oranges though I know. I'm optimistic. I'm not expecting them to win #27 next year, although it would be the perfect way to close out Old Yankee Stadium and open up New Yankee Stadium.

In Mick's defense, they made him play the outfield right away when he was originally a shortstop, so I think that might have had something to do with it. Soriano (I know, he's not in the Mick's league at all, but bare with me) wasn't all that great his first year that he had to make the transition from infield to outfield.

Apples an Oranges though I know. I'm optimistic. I'm not expecting them to win #27 next year, although it would be the perfect way to close out Old Yankee Stadium and open up New Yankee Stadium.

Yeah, I'm not trying to say anything negative about Mickey, that was a helluva thing he had to deal with. imagine you're a rookie and from day one you're expected to be as great as babe, Lou, and Dimaggio.

Yeah, I'm not trying to say anything negative about Mickey, that was a helluva thing he had to deal with. imagine you're a rookie and from day one you're expected to be as great as babe, Lou, and Dimaggio.

The numbers he would have if he took care of himself. Just imagine.

Well Joe Torre will be in Monument Park, right between DiMaggio and the Mick with #6, and after Jeter retires, all the single numbers will be there. In a few years everybody will have to pick numbers 30 or higher.