SportsWrath

Dead

jranieli

This team is dead. They are sloppy and are letting another one get away from them. Why does Willie keep these pitchers in to fend for themselves? Is he trying to teach them a lesson? I don't think it has been working. Not a smart coach and too stubborn to be a manager. I do not like what is going on. This is very embarrassing.

I wanna know what formula you guys think would work. He has to see what the pitchers have for the playoffs (if we actually make it that is). He has tried the formula of bringing 3 pitchers in for one inning. That would be the Heilman to Feliciano to Mota - blow the game in the 8th formula. Doesn't work. Leave one pitcher in to get himself out of the inning - Doesn't work.

Let's face it, it doesn't matter what Willie does, the bullpen stinks. I takes fewer exceptions with Willie's moves than I ever did with Art "get em out in the 5th" Howe.

I wanna know what formula you guys think would work. He has to see what the pitchers have for the playoffs (if we actually make it that is). He has tried the formula of bringing 3 pitchers in for one inning. That would be the Heilman to Feliciano to Mota - blow the game in the 8th formula. Doesn't work. Leave one pitcher in to get himself out of the inning - Doesn't work.

Let's face it, it doesn't matter what Willie does, the bullpen stinks. I takes fewer exceptions with Willie's moves than I ever did with Art "get em out in the 5th" Howe.

If the Mets make the playoffs John Maine HAS to go into the pen. I cannot stress this

enough, the Mets should have kept Oliver and Bradford.

If the Mets make the playoffs John Maine HAS to go into the pen. I cannot stress this

Recognize....

I knew getting rid of Bradford was going to be a mistake but we give a three year contract to Shoenweis. Joe Smith should have been called up earlier. There is absolutely no reason why Mota is still on this team. He alone makes our pen look bad. Well they better start tinkering with the pen now if they could put Maine in there. Looks like Pelfrey experiment is not working in the pen. He is starting tomorrow.

Recognize....

I knew getting rid of Bradford was going to be a mistake but we give a three year contract to Shoenweis. Joe Smith should have been called up earlier. There is absolutely no reason why Mota is still on this team. He alone makes our pen look bad. Well they better start tinkering with the pen now if they could put Maine in there. Looks like Pelfrey experiment is not working in the pen. He is starting tomorrow.

I couldn't agree more with either statement, with one exception. I think Johnny Maine should remain a starter, and send Perez to the pen. Maine should have made the all star team this year, and his struggles seem to coincide with LoDuca being injured. I think DeFelice calls a horrible game behind the plate.

this is way worse than Torre. Joe might use the pen bad but Willie refuses to change a pitcher if he is in trouble. Why would Lawrence start? What a horrible decision.

Bullshit! B.L pitch fine through 3 1/3 innings, the Mets stopped hustling and sat on their 4-0 lead until they imploded .

Bullshit! B.L pitch fine through 3 1/3 innings, the Mets stopped hustling and sat on their 4-0 lead until they imploded .

how many times this year Lawrence goes in, pitchers a semi decent 2-3 innings and implodes? No way he should be on a major league roster.

how many times this year Lawrence goes in, pitchers a semi decent 2-3 innings and implodes? No way he should be on a major league roster.

You are right, he doesn't belong in the MLB but with so many teams what do you want?