SportsWrath

Gabbard making his Ranger Debut

After the first inning: 1 hit, 0 runs, 1 K.

This guy has a great curve ball, but to me it looks like his arm is playing catch up with his body too much. he's leaving a lot of balls high and outside, not good for a lefty in Texas. I think he may be a little nervous because the K was the last batter of the inning and he really started getting the ball low and in good, especially the curve ball.

6.2 IP. 8 hits 3 runs. Really pretty impressive, I think the 8 hits isn't really indicative of how he pitched. ASfter the first couple innings he started getting the ball down. Only 1 fly ball out, 3 K's and the rest ground outs. the last hit was an infield hit by Lofton to drive in a run. the Indians got the runs playing small ball, gabbard definately wasn't smacked around.

I know a few of you say he's no good, but he pitched well today considering he was in a tough situation, 1st start for a new team trying to prove something. I look forward to his next start.

cleveland smacked him around last time he faced them, 3 runs in 6.2 is ok though, still considered a quality start

Yeah, I saw he got beat around by the Tribe before. He threw 2 wild pitches, both curve balls, and i think a lot of the blame can be put on the catcher Melhuse, especially the second one. Both WP advanced a runner and I'm pretty sure both led to runs, at least the second would did for sure. 6.2 IP and 1 fly out is damn good, especially when he pitches in texas.

not bad. if the guy does nothing but give you 3 runs in 6 innings for a few years and then leaves via free agency it still turned out to be a great deal

That's still a 4.50 ERA, not something but you'd look for but any team would usually take that per game.

it's a 4.50 era but it's still a quality start and usually enough to keep your team in the game. considering all you did was give up a 2 month rental i'd say that's a good return--you're not going to get a stud pitcher for gagne, the yanks wouldn't even give up a guy who projects to be no more than a #3