SportsWrath

Have No Fear Mets Fans... The Legend Has Returned

Blue Jeans

Outfielder Shawn Green is expected to be activated from the disabled list Monday. A roster spot was cleared by sending outfielder Ben Johnson to Triple-A New Orleans after the Detroit Tigers beat New York 15-7.

Alou was scheduled to be examined Monday in New York and will likely make the next step of his comeback at the Mets' minor league facility in Florida. Alou, injured on May 12, is hitting .318 with two homers and 13 RBIs in 30 games.

Green has been out since breaking his right foot May 25, an injury that put him on the DL for the first time in his major league career that started in 1993. Green is hitting .314 with five homers and 22 RBIs in 45 games

:worshippy: I would have liked to keep Johnson up as opposed to Gomez at this point. I just think Gomez needs a lot more time in the minors and he needs to stop swinging for the fences everytime out because I don't think he is that type of player.

Johnson is the man, though. He actually reminds me of Alou a lot.

There is one small difference between Alou and Johnson. Alou can hit.

I think keeping Gomez is a good move because he can be used as a defensive replacement and pinch runner.

He doesn't have to hit right now.

• 2 weeks later...