SportsWrath

Very frustrating watching this team lately

gateb

I have said it before, I will say it again this team WILL NEVER win a BIG game with Billy Wagner as their closer. We are paying this guy top dollar, tonight we needed him to be a little better than 3 outs in the 9th with a 3 wun lead. WHat does Billy do? Same as he did vs Taguchi, same as he has historically done in a big game, he spit the bit. We needed a leader to pick us up and as usual he let us down in a HUGE SPOT!

I have said it before, I will say it again this team WILL NEVER win a BIG game with Billy Wagner as their closer. We are paying this guy top dollar, tonight we needed him to be a little better than 3 outs in the 9th with a 3 wun lead. WHat does Billy do? Same as he did vs Taguchi, same as he has historically done in a big game, he spit the bit. We needed a leader to pick us up and as usual he let us down in a HUGE SPOT!

How do you like Billy Wagner now?? :LMAO:

Billy's not the only guy to blame for tonight's loss. I don't like to give passes, but the way he's pitched this year up until tonight makes me hesitant to blame him.

It's schmucks like Ben Johnson in the 2 hole that's hurting us. Endy before his injury couldn't bat batting second. Reyes hasn't had any big hits ever since we moved Lo Duca down, and we haven't had a legitimate hitter since we moved Lo Duca down. I don't get it. Basically taking away Reyes's bat.

How do you like Billy Wagner now?? :LMAO:

you think that retread you have is gonna be any better you are mistaken,

Guess being 5 out is a moral victory. See you next time when Ben Johnson and David Jewhan are not here <_<

Billy's the only guy to blame for tonight's loss.

fixed

Ben Johnson is what he is, lucky to be here because 3 outfieders are hurt. We are paying Wagner 13 million to save games just like this. You can have all the 3 lead saves of 3 outs or less you want. This guy as a leader and highly paid player was needed tonight because bums like Johnson and Jewhan are having to be counted on and he let is team down. Blame all the AAAA players you want, it boils down to Billy not getting it done in a HUGE spot.

fixed

Ben Johnson is what he is, lucky to be here because 3 outfieders are hurt. We are paying Wagner 13 million to save games just like this. You can have all the 3 lead saves of 3 outs or less you want. This guy as a leader and highly paid player was needed tonight because bums like Johnson and Jewhan are having to be counted on and he let is team down. Blame all the AAAA players you want, it boils down to Billy not getting it done in a HUGE spot.

But guys like Schoenweis deserve to be forgotten for a loss like this? I don't care about the money and the magnitude of the games that Wagner has saved (which he has done twice against the Yanks btw), when he blows his first game and Schoenweis blows his 4th or something, Wagner doesn't deserve all the blame.

Come on, you know better then to blame one guy for our loss last night and our 4 game losing streak. This team has been playing mediocre ball, and it's getting very annoying.

They should not have brought Wags in for the 8th, i dont care if he owns Howard. they should not take him out of his routine, he is used to warming up in the pen coming to the mound throwing his 8 pitches and going after three batters. when he breaks that pattern he shits himself

you think that retread you have is gonna be any better you are mistaken,

Guess being 5 out is a moral victory. See you next time when Ben Johnson and David Jewhan are not here <_<

My bullpen sucks. It's already a wide known fact.

I stopped crying about it long ago.

Sweeping two teams above us.....definitely helps in the "moral" victory department. I think it hurts your moral a bit more though.

My bullpen sucks. It's already a wide known fact.

I stopped crying about it long ago.

Sweeping two teams above us.....definitely helps in the "moral" victory department. I think it hurts your moral a bit more though.

Nah. We have a cool manager who will let the players know it's just a slump. EVERY team goes through it. It's a long season and cream eventually rises to the top.

Well, we're on top already, so I guess the cream just stays there once it gets there. :confused:

25 guys on a the team, yet it's ONE players fault.

save the 25 guys crap, if they were all the same they would all be paid the same. Billy Wagner was needed to pick his team up last night, as he was in a playoff game last year, as he has been in the past in big games and he let them down.

On the plus side he got another pressure packed save tonight by pitching a scoreless ninth and working hs way around a 3 run lead and no one on base. Guy is money

But guys like Schoenweis deserve to be forgotten for a loss like this? I don't care about the money and the magnitude of the games that Wagner has saved (which he has done twice against the Yanks btw), when he blows his first game and Schoenweis blows his 4th or something, Wagner doesn't deserve all the blame.

Come on, you know better then to blame one guy for our loss last night and our 4 game losing streak. This team has been playing mediocre ball, and it's getting very annoying.

Saving games against the Yankees in 2007 is not a great feat IMO.

I cannot believe you people are blinded to the fact that Billy Wagner has NEVER saved a big game must win in his life.

Schoenweiss does suck, but we should never have seen him last night.

save the 25 guys crap, if they were all the same they would all be paid the same. Billy Wagner was needed to pick his team up last night, as he was in a playoff game last year, as he has been in the past in big games and he let them down.

On the plus side he got another pressure packed save tonight by pitching a scoreless ninth and working hs way around a 3 run lead and no one on base. Guy is money

Save me the 1 guy is at fault, maybe if the fucking team was hitting

he wouldn't have to be in that situation. Maybe if Delgado's slump hasn't

reached it's THIRD MONTH, maybe if David Wright can keep his head above water

for more like 6 games. Maybe if the Mets had their opening day outfield.

If if and buts were candies and nuts everyday would be Christmas,

and it's not Christmas everyday, he blew a save things happen. To use

today's common cliche "it is what it is" I have no doubt Wagner will dust himself

off and rebound.

I get your point, and I don't know how much confidence I have in Wagner in a big game until he proves he can shut the door, but he is one of the top closers in the game and definitely looks better than he did last season.

I also think you are being a little unfair with the "3 run lead" comments as Wagner had the most 1 run saves last season, and has only blown one save this year. No one is perfect.

Save me the 1 guy is at fault, maybe if the fucking team was hitting

he wouldn't have to be in that situation. Maybe if Delgado's slump hasn't

reached it's THIRD MONTH, maybe if David Wright can keep his head above water

for more like 6 games. Maybe if the Mets had their opening day outfield.

If if and buts were candies and nuts everyday would be Christmas,

and it's not Christmas everyday, he blew a save things happen. To use

today's common cliche "it is what it is" I have no doubt Wagner will dust himself

off and rebound.

You are right, he will dust himself off and get plenty of 3 run lead saves, blowing it by the bottom of an NL lineup. It's not about that. Yes you are right about Delgado and Wright, but that night, that particular night where for the first time in about a year the Mets were faced with a win they really needed in the regular season, for both their psyche and divisional lead, they came up big. Wagner did not. Bottom line, that has been his history. I am sorry when you want to be considered a great closer, you sometimes get the 4 out save and bail your team out. Years ago a great closer would come in and get an out with men on in the 7th and pitch the 8th and 9th. Some even do it today when needed, Billy does not do that.

Everyone realize that game 7 of the NLCS he SHOULD have been on the mound when Heilman was in. The current book is a tie game at home in the 9th you pitch your closer. Willie had no confidence in him and knew had he blown that his tour in NY would have been tarnished forever. I am sorry, when that even enters the managers mind I cannot call you great. If you look at Wagners body of work in the big game, the must game it mirrors that of another former Met closer whom shall remain nameless.

With that said, I will take the 4.5 game lead and be happy at this point.

yeah I'm not too worried about the NL East. The Braves are lacking right now in the bottom of the rotation and everyone knew the Phils would get hot, and we just happened to get cold at the same time. It happened last year too except in May. They came within 3.5 or 4.5 and then they got cold and we pulled away. They are a streaky team and don't concern me.