SportsWrath

Is Jerry Reese one of the FAB Four?

Tarkenton10

It is ironic that Reese has so far done things suggested by these guys. His quick dispatch of Arrington seems very Fab Four like. I don't like these guys but I have to admit most of what they suggested for the Giants is now happening.

Nice mythology.

Unfortunately for your premise, Eli and Joseph are still here, and they would have been the first to go as far as the Fab4 were concerned.

As far as Emmons and Arrington, a blind man dangling from a magnet by his steel plate could have seen those cuts coming.

So where is the insight? Pettigout? When they drafted Whimper, he was on the clock. The only surprise was how soon he was let go. Morton? How is cutting a return man who was at best 3rd string while being mediocre last year and sustaining a knee injury unpredictable?

But thanks for the laugh.

Nice mythology.

Unfortunately for your premise, Eli and Joseph are still here, and they would have been the first to go as far as the Fab4 were concerned.

As far as Emmons and Arrington, a blind man dangling from a magnet by his steel plate could have seen those cuts coming.

So where is the insight? Pettigout? When they drafted Whimper, he was on the clock. The only surprise was how soon he was let go. Morton? How is cutting a return man who was at best 3rd string while being mediocre last year and sustaining a knee injury unpredictable?

The injury had everything to do with it.. coupled with this huge pay of course.

Nice mythology.

OK up until the first half of this year Pettipuke was an underachiever and how many times was he offsides? He was the worst. I am ahuge ND fan and hoped for great things from him but all i saw were holdings, offsides etc etc. And he was often injured.

Will one of you fill me in on who The Fab 4 are, were? Thanks guys.

Trolls who would say every anti-giants thing possible and make ridiculous suggestions just to get a rise out of people. Leave it at that and move on, we have already given them too much attention as is.

OK up until the first half of this year Pettipuke was an underachiever and how many times was he offsides? He was the worst. I am ahuge ND fan and hoped for great things from him but all i saw were holdings, offsides etc etc. And he was often injured.

They are a group of four guys that were constatly calling for Arrington, Emmons, Joseph, Carter, & Eli to be traded or cut. they were banned from this board but it looks like they will be right about 4 of the 5 listed by September as Eli looks to be the only one to survive, at least for one more season. They were also calling for the trade of Shockey and Plaxico as because they refuse to workout with the team in NJ during the offseason. New GM Jerry Reese has made it clear he wants those two to work out with Eli more during the offseason than they have in the past and if they refuse again (which they will), trades are possible although Shockey seems more secure with his position on the Giants than Plaxico. Fact is, Accorsi's choices in free agents has been poor and other than Pierce, Reese seems more than willing to correct these many mistakes by dumping these players.

A bunch of posters who were very pesssimistic. They'll say things just to get people riled up (kindda like what I sometimes do in the P&R section) except they'll say the stupidist things like.. cut Eli.. Eli is a bust... Shocky must go...

They are a group of four guys that were constatly calling for Arrington, Emmons, Joseph, Carter, & Eli to be traded or cut. they were banned from this board but it looks like they will be right about 4 of the 5 listed by September as Eli looks to be the only one to survive, at least for one more season. They were also calling for the trade of Shockey and Plaxico as because they refuse to workout with the team in NJ during the offseason. New GM Jerry Reese has made it clear he wants those two to work out with Eli more during the offseason than they have in the past and if they refuse again (which they will), trades are possible although Shockey seems more secure with his position on the Giants than Plaxico. Fact is, Accorsi's choices in free agents has been poor and other than Pierce, Reese seems more than willing to correct these many mistakes by dumping these players.

Kind of jumping the gun on Joseph, aren't you? While he's no way what you'd want from a 1st round pick, but he's still reasonably priced for a backup, and does OK in that spot. Besides, he's got one more year on his rookie contract, so it's kind of silly to cut him unless there is someone better waiting in the wings--considering the other positions of need, that's not likely.

Resigning Carter was a mystery to a lot more people besides the Fab4.

Link to Reese making threats to trade Plaxico and Shockey if they don't work out with the team, please.

McKenzie was a poor pickup? O'hara? McQuarters was a bad pickup considering what we picked him up for, and how he wound up being used?

So, which one are you?

Kind of jumping the gun on Joseph, aren't you? While he's no way what you'd want from a 1st round pick, but he's still reasonably priced for a backup, and does OK in that spot. Besides, he's got one more year on his rookie contract, so it's kind of silly to cut him unless there is someone better waiting in the wings--considering the other positions of need, that's not likely.

Resigning Carter was a mystery to a lot more people besides the Fab4.

Link to Reese making threats to trade Plaxico and Shockey if they don't work out with the team, please.

McKenzie was a poor pickup? O'hara? McQuarters was a bad pickup considering what we picked him up for, and how he wound up being used?

So, which one are you?

Hey martyr, hey he had to have a few decent picks. O'Hara and McKenzie were solid - McQuarters is OK but the defensive backfield was helpless most of the season. LBs - they were either hurt or non existent for much of the season. I love my Giants and many of you know I have been a fan over 50 years but c'mon. Accorsi was a mediocre GM IMMHO. The jury much as I hare to say it is still out on Eli. I hope this is the year he turns it around with consistent solid performances. We've seen flashes but only flashes.

Hey martyr, hey he had to have a few decent picks. O'Hara and McKenzie were solid - McQuarters is OK but the defensive backfield was helpless most of the season. LBs - they were either hurt or non existent for much of the season. I love my Giants and many of you know I have been a fan over 50 years but c'mon. Accorsi was a mediocre GM IMMHO. The jury much as I hare to say it is still out on Eli. I hope this is the year he turns it around with consistent solid performances. We've seen flashes but only flashes.

I most definitely agree with you--he was mediocre. And he stuck with his draft picks far longer than they merited (see Tim Carter). But there is a big difference between that and

...Fact is, Accorsi's choices in free agents has been poor and other than Pierce, Reese seems more than willing to correct these many mistakes by dumping these players.

which implies that Pierce was a mistake as well. That's just crazy.

Considering that we were no better this year than last with 3 new starting defensive backs and a new backfield coach, indications would be that personnel might not have been the problem.