SportsWrath

This sucks....

gmenroc

These past few weeks have been painful at best. Eli has played like shit. Other guys haven't made plays when they had the chance. We've let leads slip away when we shouldn't have. This season is in a tailspin and seemingly out of control. Before I go any further, let me say that I have little to no hope on salvaging this season.

However, I won't write off the season till next week's final whistle blows and the Cowboys have won the game. In other words, if we win next week, which given our play as of late, is a big if. But if we win next week, we'll once again be ahead of the Cowboys (tied overall, but winning the head-to-head and division record tiebreakers). A big win over a divisional opponent can regenerate a team. It is still possible, but not if we lose next week.

These past few weeks have been painful at best. Eli has played like shit. Other guys haven't made plays when they had the chance. We've let leads slip away when we shouldn't have. This season is in a tailspin and seemingly out of control. Before I go any further, let me say that I have little to no hope on salvaging this season.

However, I won't write off the season till next week's final whistle blows and the Cowboys have won the game. In other words, if we win next week, which given our play as of late, is a big if. But if we win next week, we'll once again be ahead of the Cowboys (tied overall, but winning the head-to-head and division record tiebreakers). A big win over a divisional opponent can regenerate a team. It is still possible, but not if we lose next week.

I'm with ya, this is the NFL and its always a roller coaster ride. Hopefully we're at the bottom hitting the upgrade.

Doomed. :P

What are we going to do, stop watching? I'm not going to sit there thinking playoffs anymore--if it happens, it happens, and I've seen worse seasons. A little more than I care to recall, but I went through those, I can do it again.

But there's no doubt to be major changes next season, and even if by some miracle Coughlin manages to survive this (and at this point, I don't know how he can), there is no way his coordinators and qb coach do. I hope Pope, his RB and OLine coaches do, but everthing else is up for grabs. A change in the training staff is a must as well, since that program doesn't seem to be helping matters.

Doomed. :P

What are we going to do, stop watching? I'm not going to sit there thinking playoffs anymore--if it happens, it happens, and I've seen worse seasons. A little more than I care to recall, but I went through those, I can do it again.

But there's no doubt to be major changes next season, and even if by some miracle Coughlin manages to survive this (and at this point, I don't know how he can), there is no way his coordinators and qb coach do. I hope Pope, his RB and OLine coaches do, but everthing else is up for grabs. A change in the training staff is a must as well, since that program doesn't seem to be helping matters.

I approach each season with cautious optimism. I get excited when we do well, but I do my best to keep that excitement in check. It's sometimes difficult, especially when you're 6-2 with a 3-0 division record.

I agree though, changes are on the horizon. Tiki will no longer be here to rely on for 50+% of the offense. And as excited as I am about Jacobs, it won't be until next year till we know he can carry the full load. The GM is changing. I don't know when Coughlin's contract is up, but I don't necessarily see him getting fired in the middle of it. That is, unless we finish with a losing or 500 record. 9-7 will save Coughlin's job. But yeah, regardless of what happens with Coughlin, some of the assistants should go. Whether they will or not will probably be up to Coughlin. As a result of all the changes, more pressure will be on Eli than ever before. And he has shown that he cannot handle it. Everyone keeps saying he's in a slump or that he needs to continue to develop. I would love to know what happened to the kid who came out of college more ready for the pros than his older brother?

Again, I'm not writing off the season, but it's all on the line next week.

I approach each season with cautious optimism. I get excited when we do well, but I do my best to keep that excitement in check. It's sometimes difficult, especially when you're 6-2 with a 3-0 division record.

I agree though, changes are on the horizon. Tiki will no longer be here to rely on for 50+% of the offense. And as excited as I am about Jacobs, it won't be until next year till we know he can carry the full load. The GM is changing. I don't know when Coughlin's contract is up, but I don't necessarily see him getting fired in the middle of it. That is, unless we finish with a losing or 500 record. 9-7 will save Coughlin's job. But yeah, regardless of what happens with Coughlin, some of the assistants should go. Whether they will or not will probably be up to Coughlin. As a result of all the changes, more pressure will be on Eli than ever before. And he has shown that he cannot handle it. Everyone keeps saying he's in a slump or that he needs to continue to develop. I would love to know what happened to the kid who came out of college more ready for the pros than his older brother?

hes playing on a poor team loaded with talented players who refuse to try and continually throw each other under the bus. to many egos in the lockerroom and an incompantent coaching staff. The problem with this team is not as much the quarterbacks fault as it is just a poorly run organization in general.

hes playing on a poor team loaded with talented players who refuse to try and continually throw each other under the bus. to many egos in the lockerroom and an incompantent coaching staff. The problem with this team is not as much the quarterbacks fault as it is just a poorly run organization in general.

Wouldn't go that far, not yet.

Next season is the last in Coughlin's contract. So with a new GM coming in, and with the clusterfuck the team is currently in, I don't see an extension coming his way; and I doubt they keep him as a lame duck. I'm sure that if he somehow manages to keep his job, one of the conditions will be a staff cleaning.

Tiki's bit is getting tired--if he really cared at this point, he should be talking to his coaches/teammates, not the press. It's not happening with this team: they all rather go for the soundbite than talk to each other. I can't recall the last time they talked tough before a game and backed it up. It's sickening.

Eli is capable of handling pressure--how many come from behind wins does the kid have to have before that's put to bed? There's something else going on, but I don't know what it is.

It's easy to say we are big chokers but if you take a look around the league, there's a lot of teams in the same boat. Look at Seattle, loaded with talent and struggling due to some key injuries. That's the team that I think mirrors the Giants the most. We can right this ship when we get some players back. The injuries have played a major role in our recent troubles.

It's easy to say we are big chokers but if you take a look around the league, there's a lot of teams in the same boat. Look at Seattle, loaded with talent and struggling due to some key injuries. That's the team that I think mirrors the Giants the most. We can right this ship when we get some players back. The injuries have played a major role in our recent troubles.

Agreed, and Dallas lost a game 3 weeks ago to the Skins that was almost unimagineable in terms of how you could lose it.

I am not giving up, last night I was set to go on EBAY and sell my tickets to the highest Cowboy fan bidde, figuring I would take care of XMAS presents and still have some coin left over, right now I am planning the tailgate and looking at the long term weather.

I have summized that it cannot get any worse so why bother to give up?