SportsWrath

Rangers vs. Flyers

jranieli

1-0 Rangers after one. Taking to many calls though. Looking good on the penalty kill. Making some good choices. Can't say really anything about the one power play because it was a easy goal. Great pass by Jagr. Hey I will take it.

Good thing is that the game is also on Comast - Philadelphia so I get to watch the intermission report watch the doom and gloom of the Philly announcers. I have been switching back and forth and the Philly broadcasters have been praising this Rangers team. That is unheard of.

See that is where I lose my respect for Brashear. There is no reason for popping him in the face.

Pray tell, what was the reason for having him out on the ice with less than 2 minutes left & down by 5 goals??

In part I blame this on the Philadelphia management & coaches, all they ever try to do is re-live the "Broad Street Bullies" days of this franchise..... to bad the closest thing that they have to that sits 90 feet above the ice in a skybox every night (Bobby Clarke). The funny thing is listening to the game on the way home was that Don Lagreca said it best, "It figures that you'd have to expect this (Philly fans cheering Brashear's useless end of game antics) from the Flyers fans when 9 out of every 10 highlights they show here at the Wachovia Center is of a fight."

Nonetheless, great game by the Rangers (the Flyers defense falling apart had alot to do with it.... by the way is it just me or does it seem like the Flyers defensemen are really slow afoot, any team with decent speed seems to burn them), I really like the fact that the power play is clicking & the team seems to have not missed a step. Weekes looked good, hopefully he'll be able to give Henrik maybe 1 more game off before he has to get back in net (I think that Henrik will play against the Devils however it works out), anywho great game. Looking foward to more displays of hard work against the Devils, next time I'll be at the Garden will be against the Caps on the 16'th, til then it's on the tube.

Pray tell, what was the reason for having him out on the ice with less than 2 minutes left & down by 5 goals??

In part I blame this on the Philadelphia management & coaches, all they ever try to do is re-live the "Broad Street Bullies" days of this franchise..... to bad the closest thing that they have to that sits 90 feet above the ice in a skybox every night (Bobby Clarke). The funny thing is listening to the game on the way home was that Don Lagreca said it best, "It figures that you'd have to expect this (Philly fans cheering Brashear's useless end of game antics) from the Flyers fans when 9 out of every 10 highlights they show here at the Wachovia Center is of a fight."

Nonetheless, great game by the Rangers (the Flyers defense falling apart had alot to do with it.... by the way is it just me or does it seem like the Flyers defensemen are really slow afoot, any team with decent speed seems to burn them), I really like the fact that the power play is clicking & the team seems to have not missed a step. Weekes looked good, hopefully he'll be able to give Henrik maybe 1 more game off before he has to get back in net (I think that Henrik will play against the Devils however it works out), anywho great game. Looking foward to more displays of hard work against the Devils, next time I'll be at the Garden will be against the Caps on the 16'th, til then it's on the tube.

I agree and Hitchcock is going to get fined $10,000 for that. Kasparitis was pestering(spelling?) Brashear all game and he finally got into his head. You need a bully out there but not someone who is looking to hit every player on the opposite team. There were a few cleans hits as there were some that should have been called. I am surprised he did not get a double minor for taking off Kasparitis' helmet then pulling on his hair. He is lucky for that one.

Good omens -- Think a trip to the postseason for the first time in eight seasons isn't in the cards for the Rangers? Consider that their 6-1 win over the Flyers marked their biggest scoring output in Philadelphia since a 6-3 win on April 10, 1997 -- the last time they made the playoffs.

But how far can they go? How about some other omens: The last time the Rangers won the Cup was 1994, when Sweden won the gold medal at the Olympics -- just as it did this year, with Ranger goaltender Henrik Lundqvist in net. Also, the Rangers now have won seven games in a row, something they also haven't done since the Cup-winning 1993-94 season.